Discussions By Condition: Neck conditions

what are friends for...lol

Posted In: Neck conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: stephen1979
  • January 9, 2008
  • 11:08 PM

i dont know if this is a good place to post this question...but here goes. about 3 months ago i was involved in a "situation" where a buddy of mine was getting locked up. Me, trying to be somewhat of a mediator tryed to ask what was going on and before i knew it got placed in a pretty violent chokehold by an officer. About 30 minutes later my neck swole up pretty bad but i didnt seek any medical attention, thinking it would go away, and it did. Now, 3 months later, my throat is still "popping" when i swallow and it's driving me nuts, does anybody know what this might be? any help would be appreciated....

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• If it helps any the popping is when my adam's apple is at the top of my throat when i swallow...
    stephen1979 1 Replies
    • January 9, 2008
    • 11:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • From the sound of it, the officer probably fractured your hyoid bone in your neck. It is a little bone in tlhe front of the neck. Other possibilities are that your cartilage was crushed and damaged by the choke -hold.As you swallow, the hyoid normally slides up and down somewhat.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 19, 2008
    • 03:29 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement