Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Bleeding during sex, help!

Posted In: Sexual conditions 137 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 10, 2006
  • 04:55 PM

I had a laparoscopy and ovary drilling 2 months ago. I have been on clomiphene after the procedure. Since then I experienced light vaginal bleeding (bright red) during sex, usually last a day or so. There is no pain during or after the sex. I bleed even when we have very gentle sex. I have never had such abnormal vaginal bleeding before, and this is affecting our sex mood.... Does anyone know if this could be due to the laparosocopy, ovary drilling, clomiphene, or any other causes? Really appreciate your help and sharing.

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • I am having the same problem. The only medical proceedure I have had is a tubal ligation 8 years ago. I do have a past history of abnormla pap smears, although my last one was normal, (last year). The last 3 times my husband and I have had sex I have had bright red bleeding that does not last past us having sex. I don't bleed otherwise. I am not yet late for my cycle. A few days away. Could this simply be an irrateable cervix??Any help would be appreciated. Kim
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 22, 2006
    • 06:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The bleeding sounds like a symptom of cervical erosion. I've done some reading about this but I don't have very detailed info. I'd search the web, maybe www.webmd.com and check it out. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause that type of bleeding. Have the docs been told? I'd be interested to know if they were told about the bleeding, if they checked for cervical erosion. Apparently there is a reddened area visible on the cervix. Erosion is misleading though, there isn't any "erosion" or loss of tissue. It seems that cells like that of the inside of the cervix are on the outside, somewhat like it has been turned inside out. Worth checking into though. Good luck!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 25, 2006
    • 02:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the info devildoll, I have contacted by gyno, and I do have an appointment on 11/16 to check it out. She told me not to worry it could be a number of things. I had a cryo freeze 11 years ago and she said it could be caused from scar tissue. I'll update after I go though.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 25, 2006
    • 11:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the info devildoll, I have contacted by gyno, and I do have an appointment on 11/16 to check it out. She told me not to worry it could be a number of things. I had a cryo freeze 11 years ago and she said it could be caused from scar tissue. I'll update after I go though.Good luck at the gyno!! Hope all turns out well. You can e-mail me personally at sdpepper@pldi.net.
    devildoll 4 Replies
    • October 25, 2006
    • 11:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been looking for information about bleeding during intercourse and this is the most recent forum I have been able to find. I have been having the same problem, I bleed during intercourse and it bothers me a lot. The first couple of times it happened I figured it was because my body was getting use to my new birth control method (the patch) or maybe the sex was too rough. I now am very concerned as it has not stopped. Out of the four months that I have been bleeding during intercourse there were maybe 3 times that I did not bleed. I always have my paps done and they all have been negative. I have scheduled an appointment with the doctor tomorrow as I bled last night again and at this point I just want answers. I saw another forum about this topic and no one had answers as to why this was happening. This is so scary and its even worse when you don't know who to talk to. I am glad that I found this forum as it helps me a little bit to deal with my situation by sharing my experience with other woemn who are experiencing the same problem. I will keep you guys posted as to what the gynecologist I am going to see tomorrow will say. I know this may sound crazy but Thank You.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2006
    • 01:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I hope everyone is doing good today. When I went to him I asked him about the cervical erosion and he said that it could be one possibility but that he would know better after checking me. He also said that if I was a 50 year old lady the bleeding would cause alarm. But given the fact that I am in my early 20's he said that he did not think it was cervical cancer or anything as serious in nature. After checking me he realized that my cervical canal was swollen and said that it was the cause of my bleeding. He said he noticed the canal was swollen as soon as he checked me. The examination was very painful and he said that I would have some slight bleeding afterwards. He said that he would send in my pap to be checked for gonorrhea and chlamydia which are causes for a swollen canal. My last pap was a month ago and was negative for any std's but my new doctor said that he has to rule these two std's out before doing any more tests. He gave me two prescriptions for antibiotics and I made another appointment in three weeks at which time we will see what my results are and if the antibiotics worked. I hope all is good with everyone else. Will keep you guys updated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2006
    • 02:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey Ishtar, can you let me know the results of your doctors appointment? I just put a post up regarding the same sort of issues, and I am looking for a new doctor right now, and would really rather not go into a walk in clinic for a pap and STD screen if at all possible. I have been with the same partner for 5 years, and with all of this happening i am beginning to wonder if he has been faithful.....any info at all would be appreciatedmamacass
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2006
    • 03:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • mamacass I know exactly what you mean. I as well have been with my partner for 5 going on 6 years and we have a son together so this situation is a hard one. I am trying not to jump to conclusions and wait for my results. I will keep you updated, my next appointment is on the 25 of November.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2006
    • 01:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been looking for information about bleeding during intercourse and this is the most recent forum I have been able to find. I have been having the same problem, I bleed during intercourse and it bothers me a lot. The first couple of times it happened I figured it was because my body was getting use to my new birth control method (the patch) or maybe the sex was too rough. I now am very concerned as it has not stopped. Out of the four months that I have been bleeding during intercourse there were maybe 3 times that I did not bleed. I always have my paps done and they all have been negative. I have scheduled an appointment with the doctor tomorrow as I bled last night again and at this point I just want answers. I saw another forum about this topic and no one had answers as to why this was happening. This is so scary and its even worse when you don't know who to talk to. I am glad that I found this forum as it helps me a little bit to deal with my situation by sharing my experience with other women who are experiencing the same problem. I will keep you guys posted as to what the gynecologist I am going to see tomorrow will say. I know this may sound crazy but Thank You.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2006
    • 01:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been looking for information about bleeding during intercourse and this is the most recent forum I have been able to find. I have been having the same problem, I bleed during intercourse and it bothers me a lot. The first couple of times it happened I figured it was because my body was getting use to my new birth control method (the patch) or maybe the sex was too rough. I now am very concerned as it has not stopped. Out of the four months that I have been bleeding during intercourse there were maybe 3 times that I did not bleed. I always have my paps done and they all have been negative. I have scheduled an appointment with the doctor tomorrow as I bled last night again and at this point I just want answers. I saw another forum about this topic and no one had answers as to why this was happening. This is so scary and its even worse when you don't know who to talk to. I am glad that I found this forum as it helps me a little bit to deal with my situation by sharing my experience with other women who are experiencing the same problem. I will keep you guys posted as to what the gynecologist I am going to see tomorrow will say. I know this may sound crazy but Thank You.I hope things went well for you at the doctors, I am really very anxious about my appointment in a couple of weeks. I do feel better, in a strange way, knowing that I am not the only person going through this. Thankfully the last time I had no bleeding. That was trully a relief. I too just want answers, I need them infact. Good luck to you, please update us when you can. feel free to email my anytime if you want kaydee0772@comcast.net kim
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2006
    • 03:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am seeing a Dr. tomorrow for the same problem. I have been bleeding for about 6 months now. I have been with my boyfriend 9 months and don't believe he has been unfaithful, especially since they have tested me for EVERY std you could think of at least 3 times. Hopefully I will get some kind of answer tomorrow. :-/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 7, 2006
    • 05:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Me too, I bleed after. Do you think it could be a STD? I have never heard of that, but sure opens up a whole new can of fish doesn't it???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2006
    • 02:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • In the mean time my doctor has put me on antibiotics before my next appointment which is on the 25th of November. I have also been tested several times in the past for different STD's but it was at a clinic. I'm hoping that this private doctor will be able to give me more answers. When I asked him what caused the cervical canal to be swollen and his response was that it could be an STD I was mad. The doctor told me that we would have to wait for the test results before jumping to conclusions. I guess that is what we should all do, just take it one day at a time, make sure that we are getting proper treatment and if necessary always get a second opinion. When any condition is diagnosed at an early stage it is always better. My hope is that we all can find some answers. I will keep you updated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 08:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HEY Guys. I have been experiencing the same thing (bleeding w/sex) for the past couple of months. At first no pain.. then the onset of a slight cramp.. kinda between where would be the ovary and uterus. But after this last weekend... with a position (from the rear "doggy")... WOW... after many many years of sex... this was extremely painful just all of a sudden.. immediate bleeding and here it is... 2 days later and I still feel pressure in my lower abdomen... very upsetting. I went to the Doc today and did receive a pap... I was pretty much dismissed by him on the pain and bleeding.. as this is "normal" for a woman of my age... OUCH... I wanted to kick him in his privates...HOWEVER no other tests were offered.. ONLY a simple answer.. "you should have your uterus removed". I have no other symptoms.. normal periods.. although I DID experience terribly LONG and heavy periods for about 4 years after my tubal 6 1/2 years ago... but that seem to have straigtened itself out... All is well other wise.. no STD (relax ladies... likely if you have STD you'd have other symptoms). But always be safe and check into it.. I was told my uterus was likely prolasped as this seems to be the normal for most women beyond their childbearing years... I'm 38 and have had vaginal childbirths I was told this same thing over 7 years ago when I was barely 30... maybe it has worsened... I don't know... . Nevertheless... I wasn't given any other form of exam as "proof" of my condition... ultrasound... etc.. I was very upset when I left the office and plan on finding a new GYN... I have been reading up on this and also found several common reason for this type of onset bleeding...I would go to at least a Doc in a Box....if you don't have a regular or even insurance.. and get a physical... mention the bleeding.. chances are they will want to try birth control/hormones even if you are "fixed"... but it always seems to be their first alterative without so much as a blood test... after 3 prescrips for this.. and only worse side effects from the meds... I gave up on it... But my advise is after an exam.. no matter what your result... KEGEL exercises daily forEVER... seems to strengthen these muscles... and watch out for LATEX>>> whether condoms, gloves or "whatever"... it took me many years to figure this one out.. there are alternatives to latex.. in just about everything.... Anyway.. I am going to try to find another doctor.. trying to check around for one that just isn't scissor (or knife) happy... one willing to stick with me while I at least try something before giving up on my uterus. Anyone have any alternative suggestions??? Thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 27, 2006
    • 10:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I don't mean to mislead any one in this forum, but I was researching the web for some other related symptons & came across this thread. I have only read it very briefly, so please do not take my experience in it's solitary context, but I experienced small amounts of bleeding during intercourse for about 8-9 months last year. I was quite worried, until a friend of mine asked me if I was taking any Birth Control Pills and that I should try getting off them and see if it made any difference. Amazingly, the bleeding has entirely stopped after I stopped the Pills (Ortho-Tricyclen, in my case). You may want to try this before seeking out more drastic measures like surgery, etc. I hope this information can help some one.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 02:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/menstruation/a/bleedaftersex.htm
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 20, 2007
    • 07:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I too have had this happen. I'm 33 and never had this before - am with a new partner - but seems odd. Question to others - when this happened - was it near your period? The first time it happened to me was within 5 days after and the bleeding happened just a couple times right after. The next time was right before my period - and then i continued with having just a normal period. After my period ended (in normal time) no more bleeding. I found info online that stated "if not near your normal period..." regarding this but never anything about it being common if this did occur near your period being due......Any more thoughts on this?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 10:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Today I had a Leep procedure done for the bleeding during sex that has been happening for over 9 years. It has completely ruined my life. My obgyn thought that this procedure might help but today seemed not so confident. I have normal paps, no fibroids, no polyps, no stds, stopping birth control doesn't help and the colposcopy showed nothing. I mean it when I say it's ruining my life. I've been celebate now for two years and cannot bring myself to have sex with this condition. This means no relationships for me. I'm lonely and depressed and am finding it so difficult to understand why no one can help me. I'll report back if the Leep worked however I don't hold out much hope considering there is not a single piece of info on the net anywhere suggesting that it would. If anyone has any suggestions or comes up with the answers PLEASE contact me. I'm 30 years old and I feel like my life is wasting away because of this. I'm devastated! tryandfindme55@hotmail.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 14, 2007
    • 06:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I don't know if anyone has any advice or if I am just really clueless. I am newly married. My husband and I had sex and then were separated for 8 months (he was out of the country). There was no bleeding our first few times which was often in a few days and I was a virgin. We have just been reunited and the 1st time me make love I really bled and 2 days later bled again.It really freaks him out. Makes me want to avoid making love with him.Any advice for the newlywed?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 01:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Just A Quickie,i Too Had Bleeding During Sex With Normal Pap Results,turns Out I Have Endometriosis,other Signs Are:Heavy,prolonged,painful Periods,Lower Severe Stabbing Pains In AbdoConstipationBloating
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2007
    • 05:08 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement