Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

Tiny, TINY red bumps around vagina

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 32 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 3, 2008
  • 09:35 PM

I have a few tiny red bumps on me. I know it's not herpes, and they look nothing like genital warts... they're really small, and they're spread out...i have about five total, one is even on the top of my right thigh. One on the side of my labia (farther away from my vagina) is itchy. I don't know if these bumps are appearing because I shave or what. Some of them disappear after a week or two, but the one on my leg has been there for a couple months. LIke i said, I only have a few, and no one is near another. The one on my leg doesn't ever itch, but a few of the other ones really do. I don't have any bumps on the inside of my vagina, either. Also, I have recently been to the gyno, have not mentioned the bumps, but he was doing surgery down there and did not say anything about them. I am still worried though because I am sexually active, but with only one partner, for many months.

Reply Flag this Discussion

32 Replies:

• Also am wondering if warts can start out as little, red bumps, if they itch, and if i only have them on the outside if they can spread to the inside... i go in on the 16th i'ma ask him to look at them.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 3, 2008
    • 11:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • does your partner have any bumps??? could be from shaving but the herpes likes to be on the thigh, too..get a blood test for herpes 2...even if he doesn't have symptoms he can carry it and not know that he has it...on a lighter side, it could be from shaving...you could also get it scraped and analyzed at a lab...I think you should see a doctor. Insist on lab work...even if he says it doesn't look like anything..
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 4, 2008
    • 01:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • does your partner have any bumps??? could be from shaving but the herpes likes to be on the thigh, too..get a blood test for herpes 2...even if he doesn't have symptoms he can carry it and not know that he has it...on a lighter side, it could be from shaving...you could also get it scraped and analyzed at a lab...I think you should see a doctor. Insist on lab work...even if he says it doesn't look like anything..I will, but I have been with the same partner for over seven months and i got an std check back in august..so I don't know what's wrong with me. It's beginning that a couple spots are really itchy even tho there are no bumps, my skin is just red...so i dunno, i go in to see the doc on the 16th...i'll get to the bottom of this, thanks for the answer!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2008
    • 09:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Yep...Well, guys can have herpes and not know it and not have any symptoms....and....wam...well, they never check for herpes via blood tests unless you ask for it....looks like a couple of more weeks of waiting for you...let me know how it turns out..
    • January 7, 2008
    • 00:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I will, but I have been with the same partner for over seven months and i got an std check back in august..so I don't know what's wrong with me. It's beginning that a couple spots are really itchy even tho there are no bumps, my skin is just red...so i dunno, i go in to see the doc on the 16th...i'll get to the bottom of this, thanks for the answer!i dont have sex in i have bumps i think from shaving wat should i do about that
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2008
    • 04:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ask for a blood test for herpes 2; make your boyfriend get a blood test for it, too...
    • December 2, 2008
    • 00:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • ive had this. Dont freak out! I was told i had herpes but it wasnt. they itch like ***l sometimes. It is a reaction to something. Mine it was a raction to a lube that lasted for about 4 months. It could be anythingi had been to so many doctors, freaked my boyfriend out and everything. One night when i had had enought ( after being told i was neg for herpes by 3 different doctors) i went to a walk in clinic. Told him what was going on, showed him, and he gave me a cream to use for 10 days. Ive never had it since. 4 MONTHS waiting for a cream. Go in tell them you have been tasted and that they are itchy and everything and they should be able to just give you a cream. It can also be a side effect of a yeast infection ( rare but it happens) so dont worry. Just see everyone until they give you the right cream.Everyone screams herpes. But it could be your soap, your fabric softner, your lube, or the water somewhere when you went on a trip. I had a doctor tell me i had herpes but the tests were negative. For now relax and sit in a shallow bath of warm water and baking soda. It should calm it down.
    olaine 9 Replies
    • January 6, 2009
    • 04:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ive had this. Dont freak out! I was told i had herpes but it wasnt. they itch like ***l sometimes. It is a reaction to something. Mine it was a raction to a lube that lasted for about 4 months. It could be anythingi had been to so many doctors, freaked my boyfriend out and everything. One night when i had had enought ( after being told i was neg for herpes by 3 different doctors) i went to a walk in clinic. Told him what was going on, showed him, and he gave me a cream to use for 10 days. Ive never had it since. 4 MONTHS waiting for a cream. Go in tell them you have been tasted and that they are itchy and everything and they should be able to just give you a cream. It can also be a side effect of a yeast infection ( rare but it happens) so dont worry. Just see everyone until they give you the right cream.Everyone screams herpes. But it could be your soap, your fabric softner, your lube, or the water somewhere when you went on a trip. I had a doctor tell me i had herpes but the tests were negative. For now relax and sit in a shallow bath of warm water and baking soda. It should calm it down. That's nice it worked for you but you're not going to know and the original poster won't know until you get a blood test for herpes 2. It could have been a spontaneous healing. Some people only break out once. I sure would want to know for sure.
    • January 8, 2009
    • 00:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a few tiny red bumps on me. I know it's not herpes, and they look nothing like genital warts... they're really small, and they're spread out...i have about five total, one is even on the top of my right thigh. One on the side of my labia (farther away from my vagina) is itchy. I don't know if these bumps are appearing because I shave or what. Some of them disappear after a week or two, but the one on my leg has been there for a couple months. LIke i said, I only have a few, and no one is near another. The one on my leg doesn't ever itch, but a few of the other ones really do. I don't have any bumps on the inside of my vagina, either. Also, I have recently been to the gyno, have not mentioned the bumps, but he was doing surgery down there and did not say anything about them. I am still worried though because I am sexually active, but with only one partner, for many months.I doubt that the bumps and discharge are related. The bumps could be sebaceous cycts, usually caused by swollen hair follicles or skin trauma/irritation. Sebaceous cysts are usually painless, slow-growing small bumps or lumps that move freely under the skin. It's important not to touch or try to remove the substance inside to prevent tenderness, swelling, and infection of a sebaceous cyst. female libido supplements
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2009
    • 00:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I went to the hospital and the doctor just looked at my bumps and told me I had genital herpes and didn't run no test just gave me 3 different meds... Now my one and only sexual partner got tested the previous week and all his results came back negative i had got tested 11 months perviously and i didn't have sex wit my sex partner until 7 months after I got tested and he's the only person I've had sex wit since i got tested. Im going to go get a gyn to make sure im ok I just dont no where these bumps came from its weird....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • There can be false negatives. Does you partner have any symptoms? Make sure you ask for both an IgM and IgG blood test for herpes 2. You need to know for sure.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Sounds like HPV. Se is EXTREMELY complicated....& you have to be EXTREMELY careful because alot of STD's dont not show any symptoms....just be sure to stay clean, make sure your partner is clean, & get tested regularly (you & your partner). The most important thing....Dont sleep around....that can be bad.
  • are you aware herpes is NOT done in a normal STD screening and MUST be asked for? I didnt. I found out too late! Go to dr and get screened for herpes1 and herpes2 ask for the test and show him the bumps
  • ive had this. Dont freak out! I was told i had herpes but it wasnt. they itch like ***l sometimes. It is a reaction to something. Mine it was a raction to a lube that lasted for about 4 months. It could be anythingi had been to so many doctors, freaked my boyfriend out and everything. One night when i had had enought ( after being told i was neg for herpes by 3 different doctors) i went to a walk in clinic. Told him what was going on, showed him, and he gave me a cream to use for 10 days. Ive never had it since. 4 MONTHS waiting for a cream. Go in tell them you have been tasted and that they are itchy and everything and they should be able to just give you a cream. It can also be a side effect of a yeast infection ( rare but it happens) so dont worry. Just see everyone until they give you the right cream.Everyone screams herpes. But it could be your soap, your fabric softner, your lube, or the water somewhere when you went on a trip. I had a doctor tell me i had herpes but the tests were negative. For now relax and sit in a shallow bath of warm water and baking soda. It should calm it down.please tell us what was the brand of the cream that the walk in clinic gave you! we need to know!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 10, 2009
    • 02:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have experienced the same thing! The bumps are small and itchy- like a rash. From all the pictures I've seen online, it looks like jock itch. That is embarrassing to say, but girls can get it too! Mine started out in a circular form, which is indicative of jock itch (it is related to ring worm). They are no longer in circular form and more spread out. However, I am not a doctor and am planning an appointment myself. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that's all it is. I would also appreciate any insight from someone in the medical field.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 6, 2009
    • 02:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have experienced the same thing! The bumps are small and itchy- like a rash. From all the pictures I've seen online, it looks like jock itch. That is embarrassing to say, but girls can get it too! Mine started out in a circular form, which is indicative of jock itch (it is related to ring worm). They are no longer in circular form and more spread out. However, I am not a doctor and am planning an appointment myself. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that's all it is. I would also appreciate any insight from someone in the medical field. better get a blood test; herpes is often mistaken for jock itch...and, there are too many false negatives, even when they decide to test.
    • October 11, 2009
    • 05:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • ive had this. Dont freak out! I was told i had herpes but it wasnt. they itch like ***l sometimes. It is a reaction to something. Mine it was a raction to a lube that lasted for about 4 months. It could be anythingi had been to so many doctors, freaked my boyfriend out and everything. One night when i had had enought ( after being told i was neg for herpes by 3 different doctors) i went to a walk in clinic. Told him what was going on, showed him, and he gave me a cream to use for 10 days. Ive never had it since. 4 MONTHS waiting for a cream. Go in tell them you have been tasted and that they are itchy and everything and they should be able to just give you a cream. It can also be a side effect of a yeast infection ( rare but it happens) so dont worry. Just see everyone until they give you the right cream.Everyone screams herpes. But it could be your soap, your fabric softner, your lube, or the water somewhere when you went on a trip. I had a doctor tell me i had herpes but the tests were negative. For now relax and sit in a shallow bath of warm water and baking soda. It should calm it down.can you tell me the cream he gave you cuz i am having a prolly i have bumps on the entrance of the vagina and on my inner labia... i went to a doctor he said its nothin but now i see bumps on the opening of the vagina....im scared...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 1, 2009
    • 08:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a few tiny red bumps on me. I know it's not herpes, and they look nothing like genital warts... they're really small, and they're spread out...i have about five total, one is even on the top of my right thigh. One on the side of my labia (farther away from my vagina) is itchy. I don't know if these bumps are appearing because I shave or what. Some of them disappear after a week or two, but the one on my leg has been there for a couple months. LIke i said, I only have a few, and no one is near another. The one on my leg doesn't ever itch, but a few of the other ones really do. I don't have any bumps on the inside of my vagina, either. Also, I have recently been to the gyno, have not mentioned the bumps, but he was doing surgery down there and did not say anything about them. I am still worried though because I am sexually active, but with only one partner, for many months.Molluscum Contagiosum
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2009
    • 03:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I have unprotected sex with my partner on a regular basis. Recently I noticed a small red bump on the outside of my vagina. Nowhere else. It doesn't hurt, it's just there. I used to shave pretty much everyday, and have stopped and let it grow. I'm wondering if it's from shaving so much. Because it's nowhere else on my vagina in or around it. It's painless. Could that mean I have HP2? Or a Cyst? Ingrown hair? Wart? I'm really scared. If anyone can help me that would be wonderful.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2010
    • 03:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I will, but I have been with the same partner for over seven months and i got an std check back in august..so I don't know what's wrong with me. It's beginning that a couple spots are really itchy even tho there are no bumps, my skin is just red...so i dunno, i go in to see the doc on the 16th...i'll get to the bottom of this, thanks for the answer!it may be a lubrication you are using? or a soap with perfume. also, spicy foods , alcohol , cigarettes, can irritate & dry out vaginal tissue, causing irritation, bumps, redness, etc.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2010
    • 07:25 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement