Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

pituitary microadenoma

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 30, 2007
  • 00:49 AM

A pituitary tumor was found on 9-10-07. I was sent to a neurosurgeon who in turn sent me to a endocrinologist. I presented thinking I had gotten pregnant even though I had a tubal ligation after the birth of my 3rd child on 8-5-06, with amenorrhea, galactorrhea, severe headaches, night sweats, moodiness, irratibilty, and clumsiness. I had a series of labs which were actually on the lower end of the normal range(prolactin only 4.23).Mri revealed the tumor, I call it this because that is what the neuro said it was. Well my problem is the endo did labs, prl,acth,cortisol,estradol,tsh,lh,fsh all came back in normal range but low end again except lh and fsh. I got a call with a follow up 4 months from now and I asked if we shouldn't check to make sure this thing has not grown and I was told in a year. I continue to have daily problems and all I get from the dr is "I really don't know" . IS THIS NORMAL WHEN A SMALL BRAIN TUMOR IS FOUND, AND IT CANNOT BE CLASSIFIED, IT IS STILL THERE AND NOT KNOWING OF WHAT ORIGIN IS DRIVING ME CRAZY???!!! I am unable to get a second opinion because I am in the states health care system. PLEASE HELP!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement