Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Fustrated-long post

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 7, 2006
  • 07:45 PM

I have been having a problem with panic attacks for about 7 years now they started with chest pain, arm pain , and being scared I was going to die . About 2 years ago I went to a 6 week class on how to take back your life from anxiety, it worked really well and I was doing great. About 6 months ago I started getting chest pain, arm pain and feeling short of breath. I went to my dr. who listened to my chest and put me back on Paxil. I didn't want to take the meds, because withdrawl is very bad and I didn't think I was having a panic attack. Starting last week I went to the doctor because my jaw has been so stiff she said I had an ear infection and a lot of fluid in my ears and gave me ear drops. I told her about the chest pain and arm pain and she listened to me and said it was okay. Over the past 6 months I have seen about 5 doctors who all say that with my age and no heart problems that my symptoms are anxiety. I am not anxious until the pain starts and then it scares me. I tried to make an appointment with a cardiologist but my insurance will not cover it b/c I am too young and don't have anything warranting a visit.I also have been to the ER this time last year with these symptoms minus the jaw stiffness and got a heart cath?(sp) which came back fine. I feel like if I go to the doctors I am a big joke. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this matter.
My info:
I am 23 years old, white female. I do not to drugs, I drink socially maybe once a month. I also do not have any family history of heart disease or heart attack.
Thank you for your time.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement