Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

lyme-how long after bite do symptoms appear?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 29, 2007
  • 07:16 PM

About two years ago I went to the ER because I had a rash that hurt on my arm and in the middle of it looked like a tiny bite mrk. Doctors were baffled didn't know what it was and sent me home. Then a little over a year later I started experiencing all these symptoms;fatigue, headaches, dizziness, loss if concentration, twitching. Can that have been a tick bite and if so can symptms appear a year later? Doctors think I'm depressed but I know something else is going on.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Well chronic lyme's disease isn't generally accepted by most doctors to even exist; however, I'd bug them to anyways, make him give in to getting you tested :D The rash is usually like a bull's-eye, do you remember what it looked like? Also, dizziness is not something to mess around with, I wouldn't settle with some half-assed depression diagnosis cause they're being lazy. Also, lyme's disease is not the only tick bite disease, there's several, and I'm pretty sure some of those do linger.
    not a fifty five 34 Replies
    • November 29, 2007
    • 08:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • it could be months or years for chronic symptoms to hit you like a brick wall. keep looking for a doc that is receptive. for some reason lyme disease is a very political topic. be persistent
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2007
    • 06:25 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement