Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Totally out of answers...

Posted In: Sexual conditions 9 Replies
  • Posted By: indy88
  • November 27, 2007
  • 07:11 PM

To start this, I have not had blood tests for STDs at this point and I have read up on almost all of them and can't find a match to the chain of symptoms I've had. I'll likely get a blood test soon.

About 5 weeks ago, I notices very small pin ****k sized dots starting at my groin to just above my knee. Seemed like an internal reaction to an infection. Although I only had about 10-12 total dots, they itched badly and we're all only on the left leg/groin. They faded after about 1 week.

Next I noticed a boil on my left groin that was decidedly larger than the small red dots. In addition, I had what appeared to be a boil on my pant line again on the left side of my body by my hip. Both itched as well.

I began to notice sporadic pin ****k dots on my right groin which again itched and faded. A boil then appeared on my right groin that has me itching to this day. Some red pin ****k dots have re-appeared after fading away initially. They seem to come and go.

Lastly and what made me most confused were two red bumps that appeared...one on my penis shaft and the other on my scrotum. Both itched and although visually obvious (puffy looking, got swollen with any irritation), neither "ulcerated" or hurt. Now they appear to be drying up and slowly flaking off.

I've considered almost every STD and none seem to match up perfectly. I was most worried about herpes but the last person I had sex with was in August, more than 60 days before any symptoms and I have no other health symptoms that normally would occur. My only real symptom is the consistent itch in the region. Possibly scabies...but the rash is not that pronounced and the bumps are random and spread apart. I know I can not not get a diagnosis here but does anyone have any knowledge that I don't have that could help guess what it is?

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• People can have symptom-less herpes for a long time and then, months later, get the symptoms. I think you have herpes. You can get a blood test for herpes 2, but you have to ask for it. Have you considered asking the woman if she has herpes? She needs to know that she gave it to you, and to get tested. Many people don't know that they have it until they pass it to someone else. And then, you can ask and people lie through their teeth.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 27, 2007
    • 07:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Please go to your doc asap and get all possible STD tests done, including Herpes 2. Don't guess at this. Just get the tests and rule things out. Could be many things other than STD, including candida overload (candida can be passed on through sex, but is not an STD). A thorough check up with your doc would be the best choice right now. And abstain from having sex until you know what is going on with you. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • November 27, 2007
    • 08:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the feedback. Just an update...I got STD tests yesterday so I don't have the results yet. The doctor said he did not think it was herpes because of the excessive itching along the legs, groin and most recently the lower abdomen. Since my last post I have gotten a few more red bumps now on the head of my penis that are a bit raised have slightly scabbed up. One other reason is physician seems to think it is not herpes is the lack of any pain associated with the bumps...they seem to only itch (if anything). He gave me a treatment for scabies so I suppose I'll get my answer in about a week or so... It's been about 8 weeks since the beginning of the symptoms and I'm not sure I've seen a significant let down. About 2 weeks ago and friend (who is a PA) gave me some Valtrex samples and although I took them for several weeks they did not seem to improve the condition. Hopefully the answer will come soon...
    indy88 4 Replies
    • December 19, 2007
    • 00:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I told you to ask for a blood test; doctors should not "think" when there are blood tests to rule it out. He was wrong to not run the herpes blood test. Why didn't you ask for it. Now you have to go back and insist on it.
    • December 19, 2007
    • 07:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I did get a blood test for all STDs. Results aren't back yet but I did the scabies treatment in the meantime just because that is what he thinks it is.
    indy88 4 Replies
    • December 19, 2007
    • 09:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If you have no relief from the scabies treatment, and STD testing is all negative, you might want to research yeast/candida. This can cause severe itching and a rash. Google candida and cleanse and see what you come up with. Do you have any other symptoms like bowel changes, sinus problems, fatigue, etc..? Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • December 19, 2007
    • 10:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thx acuann - Yeah I've already read up on that a bit. I still have itchy bumps in several spots although I also read that there could still be itching for a bit even after a successful scabies treatment (if it's that). I've had no other symptoms at all...my initial posting describes what I'd say was the worst of the symptoms, but even now I still have a few bumps/small sores here and there. What has me confused more than anything I guess at this point is the duration of consistent bumps popping up. I'ts been over 8 weeks at this point. But I'm sure I'll get some type of idea after the blood tests are back.
    indy88 4 Replies
    • December 20, 2007
    • 02:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Tests came back all negative other than HSV-1. Of course to keep things complicated I have had 2 cold sores over the past 3 years. So the positive antibody test was expected although I can't be 100% sure it's soley from the cold sores. From what I've read postive HSV-1 both orally and in the genitals is not all that common but it is possible. I'm not sure I would have had such a long and severe outbreak if that was the case though because of my pre-estalished antibodies. For now I'm going to see how the scabies treatment goes (seems to be healing although I still have a bit of an itch). Of course the yeast is also a possibility. So I still have some looking into to do. Of course I am quite happy the more troublesome HSV-2 infection was not found.
    indy88 4 Replies
    • December 23, 2007
    • 03:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Whether it's herpes 1 or herpes 2, once it's on your genitals, it's genital herpes and you are branded the same as having herpes 2. So you had two separate tests, then...I would think at this point, you would need to have one of the sores analyzed to determine if you have herpes 1 on the genitals. You can get either condition in multiple spots. Herpes usually settles in on one dermatone, like, in your case, the mouth area. But, you can spread it to other dermatones in your body. You can give yourself herpes in a new location. If you were close to an outbreak, you could technically pass it to your own genitals, first by kissing the female and the lady giving you oral sex. Most likey, if it is herpes 1, she had it already and gave it to you, since you break out rarely. When two people have sex and they both have herpes, there is a risk of re-catching it and it going to a new nerve...it's something to think about...but, for the most part, it always stay in the same place and the outbreak is always along the same nerve in the leg, buttocks or other genital areas.Hope for a yeast infection...try the over the counter stuff for yeast. Have you thought about asking the woman if she has herpes or another std, or suggesting that she get examined? Scabies do not cause boil like things...give her a call, but do expect her to lie. People like to lie about having herpes and will deny that they gave it to you.And, more bad news, the test for herpes 2 is grossly inaccurate, with lots of false negatives. Asking for the University of Washington'sWestern Blot Herpes test gives you the greatest validity. http://www.racoon.com/herpes/WB_test.htmI think you so totally have it, unless it's a weird allergy. Probably easiest to scrape a sore.
    • December 25, 2007
    • 07:15 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement