Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Ocd?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: annairb
  • November 26, 2007
  • 05:45 AM

ive been reading up on OCD. im sure i have it. lol

the things of done and have always done since i was little (i now 18) are rediculous...yet unecessary.
when i was younger i would do this "thing" where i would hop on one foot kinda..lol and also twitch my nose and eyes ALOT, wich i still do and i hate it. im getting better at controlling it thought.
but now im finding myself constantly counting things...stupid things like.. the number of letters when im reading or...counting how many pins are on a board, or how many screws are on something. i also try to find patterns and i have a thing with numbers...i thought maybe i only liked even numbers but ive found that i dont like the number 15 too much or 14..nor 12...13 is good...16..nope...17...no...18...no. 23 i like...2,3,4,5 i like...any way i'll stop...but im always checking all the clocks in my house to make sure thier all the same time...but the one in my room is 5 minutes fast, and i know how to subtract 5 minutes to figure out the actual time but i have to go downstairs and check my phone and stove and microwave every morning like 5 times and make sure its right. its very time consuming. heh.
i also trace letters alot when im writing and erasing and rewriting words or letters...wich is annoying and im on my senior right now. hah.

well i could go on FOR EVER with stupid things i do... i also have a number of rituals i perform...not even gonna get into that one...HAHAH...but from reading what OCD is all about i guess we do these things to take away images or unwanted thoughts or something? wich makes sense...tomorrow im going to try and catch myself doing one of my stupid things and see what im thinking. hah...

well if u know of any advice..or medical things that can help or counelsing,,,anything.....please let me know...its annoying. lol

-thanks...bri.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Yeah. I see. Try yoga or karate to get you to focus your energy in a positive manner instead of wasting your life on trivial concerns. Some other focus will probably result in great life success, but the obsession and way you are going will take you down.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 26, 2007
    • 09:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • heh. yeah thankyou...i may try something like that. im not into physical stuff but i'll give it a shot =] i categorize alot too. i went to my friends house and without even noticing, i started organizing and categorizing her dvds and videos haha well thanks, let me know if you think of anything else.....do u have OCD?
    annairb 6 Replies
    • November 27, 2007
    • 04:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • no, I don't think so...you'd be awesome working at a library or a place where you get paid to put everything in the right spot...I think getting physical...working out at a gym, but especially yoga would head you out to a bright future...work on it...
    • November 27, 2007
    • 04:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • haha. hey-theres an idea =] never thought about a library =] i put my cds in alphabetical order...why not books? =] hahahahwell im thinking about becoming a massage therapist, so maybe that will help me keep focus in the future as well:rolleyes: . do you know anything about stomach problems? i have some posts on my stomache problems as well....bloating...pressure...etc. heh.:D
    annairb 6 Replies
    • November 27, 2007
    • 04:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hard to say...could be diet, constipation, food allergies...you probably need a good cleanse. You should really try college, too.
    • November 27, 2007
    • 07:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • OCD and anxiety are related, if you have anxiety, you could have stomach problems from that. Probably medication would help, but if you don't want that, stop letting yourself do these little rituals. My guess is that you get anxious if you don't do them, however, you know that's unreasonable. You need to retrain your brain not to need to do these things, by not doing them.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 21, 2007
    • 09:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It may well be OCD. There is a quiz for this, in section 1 (psychological tests) in ezy build, below. If it takes up more than an hour, daily, gets worse, or interferes with your life to any great degree; seek therapy, because it can quickly take over a person's life. See section 7, on OCD, at ezy build, below and also view section 6, since some consider to be an anxiety related disorder. Practice one of the relaxation methods on pages 2, 11, 2c, or 2i, daily, and when needed. Also, give the EFT a good tryout, to see if it helps you. There is also a version for use in public places, (if you like, you can claim to have a headache, as you massage/lightly tap your temples). "Even though I suffer from OCD, I deeply and completely accept myself." Section 53, and pages 2, 2.q and 2.o at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris also refer. (The following is a variant of Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing therapy, which has been used successfully for those people suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, insomnia, and anxiety: it is easily learned, quick to use, yet can be very effective. It is easy to be dismissive of such a seemingly unusual technique, but give it a good tryout, for at least a few weeks, to see if it is effective in your case). Prior to using either of the methods in the above paragraph, first sit comfortably, and take a deep breath. Then, without moving your head, move your eyes from the left, to the right, and back again, taking around a second to do so (say: "a thousand and one": this takes approximately a second). Repeat this procedure (without the words, although you can count, subvocally, if you like) 20 times: "A thousand and one; a thousand and two... " and so on, to a thousand and twenty. Then close your eyes and relax. Become aware of any tension or discomfort you feel. Then open your eyes, and take another deep breath, and repeat step one, closing your eyes, and relaxing afterwards, in the same manner. Then, repeat the procedure one last time. Some people may find that this is all they need do. With experience, you may find that you can practise this in public, with your eyes closed, which greatly widens the window of opportunity for its use, and avoids attracting unwanted attention. I have found that the 2 - 3 minutes spent using the EMDR markedly reduces distractions to the relaxation process, and is repaid many times over. I also use it prior to my chosen relaxation technique, after lights out, at night. For more about Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing therapy, showing recommendations by those who have used it, including a professional psychotherapist with more than 20 years of experience in that field, see sections 33 - 34, at ezy-build. She was skeptical, at first, and I remained unconvinced, until trying it, and now I use it twice daily, including after lights out, at night. Because OCD is considered to be related to anxiety, try getting yourself some "worry beads", (ask at a religious supplies store, Catholic church, or Muslim mosque) and deliberately replace your former activity with moving them about between, or around your fingers: it takes about 30 - 40 reps, for most people to instill a new habit. A stress ball, or get a balloon, add a couple of tablespoonsful of flour, and enough water to make a stiff dough; tie and squish repeatedly.
    shaneris 46 Replies
    • August 11, 2008
    • 04:13 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement