Discussions By Condition: Anxiety

Anxiety

Posted In: Anxiety 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Scott1987
  • November 23, 2007
  • 02:55 AM

Hey guys I'm Scott and I have Anxiety about maybe dying or getting a diease such as HIV, cancer, or something else, and the symptoms I'm feeling is tired, weak, racing heart, no emotions, pain in legs, and other anxiety symptoms. Well this might of began when my cousin passed away but it didn't bother me until April thats when it began.Well during June it starting going away until i had unprotected oral sex with a female, and about a week went by then my penis starting bothering me and i thought it was penis cancer or hiv. Then all my summer i was so worried about getting HIV it ruined my summer, until I asked a Dr about hiv/penis problems and he said HIV has nothing to do with the penis, so it began to calm me down a bit until I was watching Law and Order and a character in the show had AIDS and it drove me nuts. So then I started to worry again, and now I'm affraid to even hear the words HIV/AIDs because I start to worry. But now i'm just not sure what could be. Could it be GAD or could it be really HIV? Could someone please help me. Thank You!

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Have you tried something homeopathic??Like Arsenic or something (Homeopathic arsenic lol).You DO know that anixety is crap right and that it is one of the most irrational things on this planet after the solar-powered torch right??If you do then it could be worth trying something homeopathic. Hopefully that would work and you would not have to probe deeper.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 16, 2007
    • 00:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • this is kinda funny cos i have ur exact same problems well actually a bit worse ive had it for a year straight worrying evryday so i started tot get alot of physical symptoms u name it ive probably had it so now i try to find something wrong with me evryday which just makes me wrry its ruines my whole year try to forget about it trust me it helps when i do it all goes away...gad is anxiety which last more than six month or prollonged anxiety thats what i have you should try doing stuff like going out or keeping your mind busy anything to get you off or thinking u have aids another thing u can do which i doo is ....just sit down in a dark room and breathe very deeply(meditate) it helps i hope ive been of some help...good luck...and the probabiliteis of getting aids from oral sex are veryyyy veryyyy small there are almost no reported cases very few
    asdf1220 4 Replies
    • January 24, 2008
    • 07:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sorry to hear about your problem. First thing I would suggest is, go to your doctor and tell him/her exactly all of these symptoms you described. Also, just to make yourself feel better, while you're there, get tested for HIV. You would be surprised at how many people have exactly the same problems as you. There are so many things that can be done for your problems. You will probably be surprised at just how much better you can feel. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2008
    • 11:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • this is kinda funny cos i have ur exact same problems well actually a bit worse ive had it for a year straight worrying evryday so i started tot get alot of physical symptoms u name it ive probably had it so now i try to find something wrong with me evryday which just makes me wrry its ruines my whole year try to forget about it trust me it helps when i do it all goes away...gad is anxiety which last more than six month or prollonged anxiety thats what i have you should try doing stuff like going out or keeping your mind busy anything to get you off or thinking u have aids another thing u can do which i doo is ....just sit down in a dark room and breathe very deeply(meditate) it helps i hope ive been of some help...good luck...and the probabiliteis of getting aids from oral sex are veryyyy veryyyy small there are almost no reported cases very few You were worried about HIV/AIDS too?
    Scott1987 4 Replies
    • January 27, 2008
    • 02:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Honestly, I wasn't. I always tell anyone who is sexually active that they should be tested for HIV. Also, it would definitely help relieve some of your anxieties. The reason I responded to your question is that I have a background in psychiatric disorders and medicine but more importantly, I have a son who has some pretty significant problems and one of them being severe anxiety. I have watched him and tried to help him over the years and have been amazed at how far he has come. Suffereing needlesly is something no person should have to endure when there is so much help out there!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 27, 2008
    • 02:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It sounds to me like you have developed a psychological hang up about death since your cousin passed. Maybe seeking some grief counseling would go a long way. Death can hit very hard psychologically, and anxiety is not crap. If you've ever gotten embarassed and felt your cheeks flush, or been sad and as a result cried, then you know that what you feel mentally can manifest physically. Anxiety is a feeling, and can cause many reactions in your body. Also temporary anxiety disorder following a death in the family is quite commonly part of the grieving process, but passes for most people. Maybe you have something in your mind having to do with that death that you haven't made peace with yet. You can call any local funeral home and they have the number readily available for grief counseling. Free to call and talk to someone, and it can't hurt right? If nothing else they're probably more knowledgeable on the details than we are here. If thats not it they still may be able to point you in the right direction :) Remeber, we're all guessing here by comparing to personal experiences. Good luck, and please keep us updated. Let us know if theres any more we can do.
    chromegirl666 101 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement