Discussions By Condition: Obesessive Compulsive Disorder

Ocd?

Posted In: Obesessive Compulsive Disorder 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 11, 2007
  • 06:14 AM

I'm not sure where the line is between tourettes and OCD...Ever since I had a strep infection at 5 years old I have had tics which seem to be like tourettes. I have had hundreds of different tics, mostly with my eyes and face, and usually have around 3 or 4 at the same time, each one lasting for a couple months before being replaced by a new one.

Lately I have begun to think I might have OCD as well. I have a lot of little things I do, such as translating thoughts and the things i hear into as many languages as i can, typing out words on an imaginary keyboard (not completely, just kind of twitching the finger I would use), praying, etc. I do not think anything bad would happen if I dont do these things, it is just an urge like blinking.

However I do feel like something bad would happen if I don't do certain random things. About 3-4 times a day, I get 'feelings' that I should do something. Like, for instance, I get a strong feeling that I should pay a bill at a certain moment, or else I will not remember. Or I feel like I should refrain from killing a certain bug (but have no problem with the others) for reasons I can't explain. Sometimes I think maybe this is divine advice...I mean, think about chaos theory and how one small act can lead to a large difference somewhere else (maybe the bug I didn't kill will feed a lizard which will help it to stay alive long enough to find its way into a house, where a woman will find it and call her husband who will get up from his chair just in time to avoid seeing something particularly upsetting on TV.) I never think about a possible reason when I get these feelings, it is just like an instinct or something. Then later, if I don't have anything better to do, I try to rationalize it after the fact

Anyway the last thing I have been doing is obsessing over my life, and feeling afraid that everything is important and that I am going to fail my goals of having a family and friends and everything else I want. This has gotten so bad that I believe it is the cause of my recent and ongoing experience with depersonalization disorder...

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement