Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Prostatitis- Help me please

Posted In: Sexual conditions 54 Replies
  • Posted By: mwrusso2100
  • October 4, 2006
  • 00:45 PM

Back in mid July I had horrible perenial pain (between my legs) and went to the doctor. He did a prostate exam and a urine test and determined I had prostatits. He then put me on Levaquin for ten days. After the treatment I felt much better, I went back to the doc and he said it was fine now. But about two weeks later I had the urge to urinate very frequently, about 2 times an hour. I started taking my girlfriends levaquin and made another appointment with a different docotor. He took urine and there was no infection this time, he wrote a script for levaquin for an additional 30 days and said it was due to the prostatits not being completely gone. So at the end of the thirty days I was still urinating frequently. this time I went to a urologist. he took urine, and blood, both were fine. he did a prostate exam and said it felt a little soft and he also did an ultrasound and said my bladder was retaining a normal amount of urine. he wrote me a script for Bactrim and told me to take 3 advil a day. Well I am on the 6th day of treatment and am still absolutely no better. Any one ever experience this? How long should I expect the urination to continue? could it be something the docs missed? please help I am absoljutely miserable

Reply Flag this Discussion

54 Replies:

• I remember peeing constantly when I took Leviquin , then Cipro. I was to the point of insanity...I hated peeing, where was it all coming from, I stopped drinking fluids but still had to go. I think it will taper off as the meds run theircourse. Do not start another course unless absolutely necessary!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2006
    • 05:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am noticing that now, as i am running off another course. thanks for the imput, i truly appreciate it
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2006
    • 01:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had chronic prostatitis for almost 20 years. Sometimes it is not due to any bacteria they can find, and is called non-bacterial prostatitis. Try to find a good urologist and stick with him. Don't masterbate for a couple of months, if you ever do. Have natural sex. I feel good as long as I take Bactrim. When I stop the infection comes back. Some men have to take a small dose of antibiotics every night for life! That is the only way to stop the symptoms. Good luck
    Irradiated 23 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 04:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'de like to ask the guy that's on Bactrim if his symptoms included chronic painin the prostate area and painful ejaculation? I seen three urologists and theycan't find anything wrong. It's been 13 yrs. now! I'de appreciate any help.
    remedy13 24 Replies
    • December 17, 2006
    • 09:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • wow!! i have been feeling the need to urinate very frequently for only the past month or so and i can't stand it. Especially at night!! I honestly don't know how you can be that way for so many years? I have just started seeing a uralogist, he to me on uraxatrin(sp?) Man that seems to have made things so much worse. Now i can't even sleep, getting about 3 hours a night because i feel the need to urinate so bad. I don't know what to do, the Dr. said it was BHP. I don't think it is, as soon as i started the meds I got worse. I am just about done with the 30 days of levequin. I hope the feelings goes away, I don't think I can take 30 years of this!! I am going to stop the meds and try the natural route, with herbs and good diet and some exercise. If anyone has any info to share please post it up.
    jr1968 2 Replies
    • December 24, 2006
    • 08:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • After years of suffering I found a doctor in New York who was able to help me. His name is Dr.Toth and he's the only doctor who ever understood what I was going through and his treatments have changed my life. I recommend anyone who does not want to live with bacterial prostatitis to give him a try. http://www.fertilitysolution.com/ This was a difficult problem fro me to deal with and Dr.Toth is an expert in this field as a very happy patient I recommend his services, they are very effective.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 02:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Like I say, there is bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis. Most with chronic prostatitis have the non-bacterial type. Have you had them do a culture on your seminal fluid? This is the fluid that comes out of your penis when the doctor massages (rams your prostate several times with his finger) your prostate. You hold a glass slide and collect it for him. Then they see if any bacteria grows on the culture medium. I am 54 years old. Yes, I have had so much pain, at times, over the years. Many times I have felt like there was a swollen, hot ball between my anus and testicles. My "**s bone" (or pelvic floor), legs, and at times, my lower back have ached terribly. Yes I have had painful ejaculations way too many times. Sometimes the ejaculate has what seems to be yellowish "fish eggs". The yellow is due to blood. I am not familiar with the medicine you are taking, but it might be a med for BPH. It is supposed to shrink your prostate so that you can piss easier. I cannot take this class of medicines due to heart disease. You must understand that the prostate surrounds your urethra (pee tube from your bladder). When the prostate swells it collapses this tube and you cannot pee. This is a medical emergency. The worst thing you can do while taking antibiotics is cut down on your intake of water. Don't drink a lot past dinner time. Alcohol can irritate the prostate, but a couple of beers may help you a lot. Stay away from antihistamines!!!! They cause the prostate to swell and become irritable. OTC anti-inflammatory medicines like ibupropen are good for chronic prostatis. I took so much aspirin and ibupropen it caused me to have ulcers! For immediate pain relief and healing therapy, take a sitz bath (a plastic tub you set on top of the commode, filled with warm or hot water), or soak your **s in a hot-as-you-can-stand tub of water for 30-45 minutes. Don't sit on hard or cold surfaces. Get you PSA level tested if you are over 45. Prostate cancer is a killer. I have "stone like growths" on my prostate. It is fairly common for men my age. Good luck, Rj
    Irradiated 23 Replies
    • February 7, 2007
    • 04:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • After years of suffering I found a doctor in New York who was able to help me. His name is Dr.Toth and he's the only doctor who ever understood what I was going through and his treatments have changed my life. I recommend anyone who does not want to live with bacterial prostatitis to give him a try. http://www.fertilitysolution.com/ This was a difficult problem fro me to deal with and Dr.Toth is an expert in this field as a very happy patient I recommend his services, they are very effective.Thanks a million for the info.! I just e-mailed the good doctor, I let him knowI was informed by a very happy pain free patient that spoke highly of him. Ihope he'll get back to me...if it works...it will be like a new beginning!! I'mhappy your suffering is over!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 09:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm trying to find a doctor that can tell me why I'm suffering from hemaspermia ( bloody semen). I've been fighting this for over a year. No pain during urination, or ejaculation, no scrotal pain, or low back pain. Actually no pain at all! Just this bloody mess! In the past I've been diagnosed with prostatitis, and at that time (2-3 yrs ago), I did have terrible low back pain. I've recently finished Cipro for 30 days, PSA checked twice...normal. I'm 51 yrs old. I don't have sex but about once a month. At first we thought it was from my wife. To confirm it was me I used a condom. It won't go away! A year ago my prostate was checked and I had a very small nodule on it. Just checked again last month, no change...still very small...hard to even detect they said. Any ideas?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 22, 2007
    • 03:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Each situation is unique to some degree, but after seeing my parents both die directly or indirectly due to conventional doctoring, I lean much more toward at least looking at natural cures for most things. Perhaps there are a number of approaches you can utilize thru internet research. It's amazing what all you can find, some of it from seemingly very legit and well-experienced naturopathic doctors. It's much less likely you'll experience the bad side effects too.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 23, 2007
    • 04:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I thought for years I had a prostate problem...I've read countless stories ofbeing treated only to see it return. It isn't your prostate if you keep gettingthese same symptoms over and over. It could be your "pelvic floor". There isplenty to learn://http://www.pelvicpainhelp.com If Irradicated is seeing a urologistthat's just feeding him Bactrim...He needs to look at this. They even mentionthat ball stuck in his **s! And the ejac pain...constant pain. I think a lot ofpeople will find relief here.:D;)
    remedy13 24 Replies
    • February 25, 2007
    • 11:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i am 25 and i suddenly began experiencing problems with my prostate 4 months ago seemingly after i met a girl who was rocking my world. i thought for sure it was std. after many cultures and milkings there has only been limited traces of bacteria found. I've taken two week doses of bactrim, doxy,and penecilin. i'm now taking 4 weeks of cipro to no avail. doc thinks it's nonbacterial prostatitis, even though it is not common for someone my age to experience this. sometimes my symptoms are worse, and it's usually after sex or running. what habits should i form when doing these two activities? i don't want to give them up...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Each situation is unique to some degree, but after seeing my parents both die directly or indirectly due to conventional doctoring, I lean much more toward at least looking at natural cures for most things. Perhaps there are a number of approaches you can utilize thru internet research. It's amazing what all you can find, some of it from seemingly very legit and well-experienced naturopathic doctors. It's much less likely you'll experience the bad side effects too.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -I totally agree. My urologist had put me on Proscar (finasteride, 5 mg) for my BPH and prostatitis. It did help, but the side effects were unbearable: depression, anxiety, weight gain, insomnia, loss of libido, shrunken penis, difficulty getting and keeping an erection, dry and painful ejaculations. I then read about research done by a Dr. Lee, who discovered that natural progesterone can cure many prostate problems. I purchased and have been using a natural progesterone USP cream, 1/8 teaspoon applied 2x/day directly to my scrotum, and have had amazing results. No more nasty side effects, no more BPH, no more prostatitis, no more pain! It has worked wonders for me. Most doctors will not tell men about its benefits because either (1) they are uninformed, or (2) they know they can't get a kickback from a drug company, since natural progesterone is not a prescription drug. Needless to say, I flushed my remaining Proscar down the toilet and fired my urologist!
  • You may want to know more about Unblocking Treatment on chronic prostaitis, the treatment center is located in China, http://www.prostatitischina.comYou need to have at least 30 shots to make it work, those patients who have been to varous doctors and urologists should be interested in this kind of treatment.
  • your are now in the early stage of chronic prostatitis, once in the chronic state, oral antibiotics treatment is useless, the bladder symptom is symptom from prostatitis, so don't mislead by bladder symptoms, try to eliminate your prostatitis, then the bladder symptom will go away.visit http://www.prostatitischina.com for more info about unconventional treatment on chronic prostatitis
  • Lazlo,Get yourself to a good urologist ASAP! My husband's two urologists and his Primary Care doc totally ignored blood in his semen for THREE YEARS! Finally, his PSA rose from 2.7 to 3.2 (used to be considered safe from cancer under 4 but that we know is not true now. It's the rise in the number that can indicate cancer). His quack urologist did an ultrasound and said he had a small "nodule" and it was "benign." only a quack can say that with a biopsy. Finally his company doc. told him to insist on a prostate biopsy due to his elevated PSA. The urologist said he didn't need it. The company doc. told my hubby to insist. Urologist said he would do it but it would be benign. When we met him for biopsy results he said he "never would have guessed, but it's cancer. You've been dealt a bad hand." NOOOO, we were dealt an incompetent doctor.Two years ago my husband had a radical prostatectomy (surgical removal of the prostate gland) and the cancer was found to be extremely aggressive (no kidding after ignoring it for 3 years!). Last week we found out that indeed the prostate cancer cells are back, but luckily in his prostate bed where they can be killed. We are looking into proton beam therapy at Loma Linda in California for a more painless route than radiation.PLEASE, go find a decent doctor or at least one who will rule out the life-threatening illness first. Learn from our lesson. NEVER trust a doctor.
  • P.S. To Lazlo:My husband's nodule was "small." Get a biopsy. He had an aggressive cancer that returned two years after removal of the prostate. If he had waited any longer than the three years his "urologists" d-cked" around with him, he might be dead by now. I will join in, get a name and send you a private message to see how you are.Get your PSA numbers and compare them...any rise at all could mean cancer.Don't want to scare you, but if those bozos had ruled out the life-threatening disease first, we would be way ahead of the game now.Brenda
  • Quite by accident I seem to have discovered, for myself anyway, the cause of my prostate discomfort. I'm 59 and otherwise in good health. However my prostate had been giving me discomfort for about 10 years. I used mostly saw palmetto, with some success, but the condition continued, cycling between fair and uncomfortable for years.Several months ago I decided to discontinue diet drinks of any kind - both with equal and sacharine. I was concerned with their chemical effects. Approximately 72 hours after their cessation, and totally unexpectedly, my prostate discomfort almost completely ceased. I'd estimate that it was reduced by 90% at least. The discomfort has not returned after several months. I tested the connection a few times by consuming 3-5 cans of my old diet drinks, and on cue, the discomfort returned each time.I make no claims for this discovery, except that my own comfort has vastly improved. I hope that this information may be of some benefit to anyone who wishes to make use of it.
  • can they help?yes!but for many men, once you get off them, your symptoms are sure to come back and usually doand if you are constantly on antibiotics, you're immune system is going to suffer, meaning you're susceptible to any condition, not just ones associated with your prostate.use antibiotics, if necessary, but only sporadically, as in allowing your doctor to prescribe themwhat will help infinitely more is changing the way you live your whole life -- stress, excercise, diet and supplementslooking into the specifics of those areas, and then following a game plan consistently will do for you what years in the family practitioner and urologist offices haven't done for youI knowI've been therefor years and yearsI thought I was going to live like that foreverI was wrongthis blog can help...http://prostatitistruth.blogspot.com
    Michael24 4 Replies
    • October 29, 2007
    • 04:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • your antibiotic may not have been the right one for your body chemistry or your conditionyou could ask to try another one, although Cipro is a quality drugwhat would help your body much more is a change of thought, making your doctors the only choice to heal youbecome your own doctor, to a degreeof course, do due diligence in research first and also speak to your doctorbut your body is a machine and needs to be treated wellmany men mistreat their bodies with stress, diet, sex, and deprive it of all that it needs then wonder why their body fails themthis blog can provide some insight as to how to get a lot more help than you've been getting in the doctor's officehttp://prostatitistruth.blogspot.comhope you feel healthy soon
    Michael24 4 Replies
    • October 29, 2007
    • 04:30 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement