Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Prostatitis- Help me please

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: mwrusso2100
  • October 4, 2006
  • 00:45 PM

Back in mid July I had horrible perenial pain (between my legs) and went to the doctor. He did a prostate exam and a urine test and determined I had prostatits. He then put me on Levaquin for ten days. After the treatment I felt much better, I went back to the doc and he said it was fine now. But about two weeks later I had the urge to urinate very frequently, about 2 times an hour. I started taking my girlfriends levaquin and made another appointment with a different docotor. He took urine and there was no infection this time, he wrote a script for levaquin for an additional 30 days and said it was due to the prostatits not being completely gone. So at the end of the thirty days I was still urinating frequently. this time I went to a urologist. he took urine, and blood, both were fine. he did a prostate exam and said it felt a little soft and he also did an ultrasound and said my bladder was retaining a normal amount of urine. he wrote me a script for Bactrim and told me to take 3 advil a day. Well I am on the 6th day of treatment and am still absolutely no better. Any one ever experience this? How long should I expect the urination to continue? could it be something the docs missed? please help I am absoljutely miserable

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement