Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Excess Saliva

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 8, 2007
  • 01:42 AM

Hello,

I've always had crooked teeth, and I thought that often causes more saliva to produce in my mouth. I was wondering if that was true, and if there was anything, outside getting my teeth worked on, I could do about it.

Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I have had this problem for 18 months--have had blood tests, MRI, x-rays, FEES test, etc-have seen 5 different ENT doctors--the last 5 months I have been going to the University of Texas Research Center in San Antonio. I have been on many different medications and also seasick patches to help stop the saliva. Nothing has worked. It is amazing to me that this many doctors have not been able to find the problem--I can't be the first person to have ever had this problem--the area of the problem or possible problem area is about 4 inches of my facial area--and no one can ascertain the problem? I no longer even believe this is saliva as my stomach is now affected and my voice is hoarse--on Nexium--why can't they find the problem--fine Nexium may make me feel better but it is not solving the root cause. Know his is not acid reflux or H Pylori--had this several years ago--this fluid is going down the back of my throat--not coming up from my stomach----please, if there is someone out there who can help--please.
    sharri 16 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had this problem for 18 months--have had blood tests, MRI, x-rays, FEES test, etc-have seen 5 different ENT doctors--the last 5 months I have been going to the University of Texas Research Center in San Antonio. I have been on many different medications and also seasick patches to help stop the saliva. Nothing has worked. It is amazing to me that this many doctors have not been able to find the problem--I can't be the first person to have ever had this problem--the area of the problem or possible problem area is about 4 inches of my facial area--and no one can ascertain the problem? I no longer even believe this is saliva as my stomach is now affected and my voice is hoarse--on Nexium--why can't they find the problem--fine Nexium may make me feel better but it is not solving the root cause. Know his is not acid reflux or H Pylori--had this several years ago--this fluid is going down the back of my throat--not coming up from my stomach----please, if there is someone out there who can help--please.I have had same mucus/saliva issue for 2 yrs., accompanying my chronic fatgue/fibromyalgia. Have been to 2 ENT experts and three other MD's and none are particularly interested n investigating..just prescribing meds that don't work; offering no Root cause; seemingly disbelieving my huge problem. Will get CT scan since one person got results this way.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had same mucus/saliva issue for 2 yrs., accompanying my chronic fatgue/fibromyalgia. Have been to 2 ENT experts and three other MD's and none are particularly interested n investigating..just prescribing meds that don't work; offering no Root cause; seemingly disbelieving my huge problem. Will get CT scan since one person got results this way. Sorry to hear that you have had no conclusive results either. I have had boxtox shots--didn't work--antibiotics--didn't work. Now going to see a neurologist. No longer is this being considered saliva, but fluid from an unknown source which absolutely boggles mind! The head is not that big an area--how can this many doctors not know what this is--what were they doing in medical school that an answer can't be found? Also going to a dentist to see if my fillings could be the problem. One idea thrown out by a doctor is that I am experiencing a leakage of brain fluid??? Wow, is this a wild theory or not? I am sorely disappointed in the medical community who with all their technology, medicines, tests and expertise (sic) can not solve this issue--I hope you fare better and if you do, let me know
    sharri 16 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement