Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Irregular bleeding and pain with intercourse

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 2, 2007
  • 01:34 AM

6 months ago I started having pain in my lower left abdomin about 1 week post-period. It lasted every month for 4 months. The 5th month they took an ultra-sound of the ovary and found nothing. The 6th month I had my yearly. Doc said my ovary felt enlarged. Once again the ulta-sound showed nothing. For the past 4 months I have spotting every time I have sex for at least a day. There is also pain and discomfort during sex. The doc just put me on the pill and I am still experiencing the mid-cycle spotting. I am at whits end because they keep telling me they can't find anything. That, it's normal to have some mid-cycle spotting.

I should also mention that I have hypothyroidism and am treated with levothyroxin. About 4 months ago I had a complete fasting CBC and was told I was borderline anemic and had borderline sugars.

I am constantly constipated and have been that way for at least 5 years. But lately even laxatives and stool softeners aren't working that well.

Could all of this be related and if so what is my next course of action?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I would have your doc check your progesterone level, as this is a common cause for bleeding. However, because you have bleeding and pain with intercourse, I would insist that your doc check you for cervical cancer. Your never too young to get it as long as your sexually active.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 7, 2007
    • 05:22 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement