Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

I just can't find someone to help this pain.

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Screamwithsilenc
  • October 10, 2007
  • 03:02 AM

My name is Mercedes.
Over a year ago, March of '06, I started having a really bad pain in my right side, I went to the doctor, and she thought I had kidney stones, so I was sent over to a uralogist to have and IVP (they inject contrast into the body to highlight the organs to get a better x-ray.) My mom then came to me later that day, and told me the IVP showed that I had a kidney infection, and both of my kidneys were twice the size they were supposed to be. I was put on medication for the infection, and I was run through a lot of tests. Maybe a month or so passed, and the doctor said the infection had gone away, but I was still in pain. I had a CT Scan done, and more blood tests, but the results just kept stating that there was nothing wrong with me. Weeks passed...months passed. All I did was walk in and out of the doctor's office with my head down and tears in my eyes. Now it's a year and a half later, and I am still in pain in my back, and in my right side. The doctors can't tell me anything. They just say "Nothing is wrong with you." It makes me cry almost everyday, not just because of the pain, but because of the fact that no one can tell me why I am constantly in pain. I'm only 15, and it affects me dramatically.
The funny thing to me was that when I went to the bathroom, it never hurt. I never had a fever.
But everyday it clearly just kills me.

I want someone to actually help me.I want to know WHY I am in so much pain. I'm sick of being ignored because I keep showing up at the doctor and they can't figure it out.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement