Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

I just can't find someone to help this pain.

Posted In: Medical Stories 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Screamwithsilenc
  • October 10, 2007
  • 03:02 AM

My name is Mercedes.
Over a year ago, March of '06, I started having a really bad pain in my right side, I went to the doctor, and she thought I had kidney stones, so I was sent over to a uralogist to have and IVP (they inject contrast into the body to highlight the organs to get a better x-ray.) My mom then came to me later that day, and told me the IVP showed that I had a kidney infection, and both of my kidneys were twice the size they were supposed to be. I was put on medication for the infection, and I was run through a lot of tests. Maybe a month or so passed, and the doctor said the infection had gone away, but I was still in pain. I had a CT Scan done, and more blood tests, but the results just kept stating that there was nothing wrong with me. Weeks passed...months passed. All I did was walk in and out of the doctor's office with my head down and tears in my eyes. Now it's a year and a half later, and I am still in pain in my back, and in my right side. The doctors can't tell me anything. They just say "Nothing is wrong with you." It makes me cry almost everyday, not just because of the pain, but because of the fact that no one can tell me why I am constantly in pain. I'm only 15, and it affects me dramatically.
The funny thing to me was that when I went to the bathroom, it never hurt. I never had a fever.
But everyday it clearly just kills me.

I want someone to actually help me.I want to know WHY I am in so much pain. I'm sick of being ignored because I keep showing up at the doctor and they can't figure it out.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• I had that pain. It's really bad, huh??? Well, i went to a very old naturapath and she diagnosed me with tapeworms. She is deceased now, so her formulas aren't available, but you might benefit from a natural tapeworm program. Medical doctors won't be able to check you for it. Have mom take you for no less than three acupuncture treatments to put a smile back on your face.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 11, 2007
    • 05:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had that pain. It's really bad, huh??? Well, i went to a very old naturapath and she diagnosed me with tapeworms. She is deceased now, so her formulas aren't available, but you might benefit from a natural tapeworm program. Medical doctors won't be able to check you for it. Have mom take you for no less than three acupuncture treatments to put a smile back on your face.did she treat u for tape worm and did pain go away thenand were u hungry all the time
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 17, 2007
    • 03:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Kidney pain is some of the worst kind. I have had a kidney/ureter disorder my whole life. I suffer from duplicated collecting systems, with double ureters, accompanied by kidney reflux. Ive had three open abdomen uretureal reimplantations, kidney stones, obstructed ureters from swelling and scar tissue. I now, 8 or so months post surgery, still get random infections and pretty contiuous kidney pain, probably the reflux. I also have a lack of appetite. I constantle have this nausea feeling. The best thing ive found for my hunger and pain is cannabis. I have my medical card here in California, and I am actually able to eat, function and not be high on heavy toxic pain medications like morphine. You should try it. It seems weired smoking medicine at first but once you learn about the healing factors and experience it your self, Youll agree it helps to smoke.(edibles are also an option.) Try it. It has saved my life.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 18, 2007
    • 11:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My fever was 105 with lots of pain. After the tapeworm program, I have been fine. You could have something else, however--apendix, STD...who knows. You really need to insist that your mother take you to a better doctor, someone who cares.
    • October 19, 2007
    • 02:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Slipped rib syndrome. check it out movement causes pain. My name is Mercedes. Over a year ago, March of '06, I started having a really bad pain in my right side, I went to the doctor, and she thought I had kidney stones, so I was sent over to a uralogist to have and IVP (they inject contrast into the body to highlight the organs to get a better x-ray.) My mom then came to me later that day, and told me the IVP showed that I had a kidney infection, and both of my kidneys were twice the size they were supposed to be. I was put on medication for the infection, and I was run through a lot of tests. Maybe a month or so passed, and the doctor said the infection had gone away, but I was still in pain. I had a CT Scan done, and more blood tests, but the results just kept stating that there was nothing wrong with me. Weeks passed...months passed. All I did was walk in and out of the doctor's office with my head down and tears in my eyes. Now it's a year and a half later, and I am still in pain in my back, and in my right side. The doctors can't tell me anything. They just say "Nothing is wrong with you." It makes me cry almost everyday, not just because of the pain, but because of the fact that no one can tell me why I am constantly in pain. I'm only 15, and it affects me dramatically.The funny thing to me was that when I went to the bathroom, it never hurt. I never had a fever.But everyday it clearly just kills me.I want someone to actually help me.I want to know WHY I am in so much pain. I'm sick of being ignored because I keep showing up at the doctor and they can't figure it out.:confused:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2007
    • 02:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • perhaps...if the kidney shows no sign of infection, perhaps it is something in the bone..try a chiropractor...along with acupuncture.
    • December 9, 2007
    • 04:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • What are your periods like? Are they regular, or heavy? I agree that acupuncture is very helpful. Please consider this - it doesn't hurt and can really make a difference. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • December 14, 2007
    • 00:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I know exactly what your going through. i started getting constant UTI's when i was 17, and finally a doctor relized this and also that everytime i had a UTI, that it was from a different type of bacteris. So I was sent to a urologist, he preformed a cystoscopy. it showed that i had 4 urethral openings. with in a week i had an IVP, CT scan w/ contrast, X-ray, & a Sonogram. The tests revealed that i had bilateral complete duplication of my renal collectry system, including both ureters bilaterally. severe hematuria & reflux, distention of a couple of things. suprisingly, two of my first cousins were also born with very similar congenital defects. the doctor told me that everything was connected properly and the extra parts were to blame for my countless UTI's & hematuria, and that i didnt need any surgery. i was so happy. but then i kept getting kidney infections aswell, i was constantly on antibiotics. i began having extream backpain, fevers, extream amounts of blood, white blood cells and pus in my urine, but because there were never any signs of bacteria he kept calling me a hypocondriact. i was furiated so he gave in and ordered me another ct scan, which shoed that my urinary system was in the same state as it was before, but also showed that i had all of problems with my fremale reproductive organs. i hadnt had a PAP in a year and a half so i went to see an ob/gyn...a Pap and 4 sonograms and 2 cystohomy...spelling? they told me that i had (CIN 3) severe cervical dysplasia/ carsinoma-in-situ, and a few other things too. i was shocked & scared too death. at the time i hadnt even paid off all the previous kidney tests. within a week i was put to sleep and had surgery. that was a year and a half ago. since then my bladder has gotten so sever that i was sent to john hopkins. my tonsils, throut and neck have completely become swollen w/ lumps in my neck, this is gonna sound wierd but my arm pits hurt started hurting about 6 months ago. i was sent to another cancer treatmwent center for lymphoma...which i didnt have and tested for cystic fibrosis, hiv, and mono all negative, ive developed COPD, sever joint and muscle pains every day, i now have renal calcifications, but no stones, had a minor stroke just from getting a back massage because i aparently had/have sooo many toxins built up in my muscle tissue that when i got the massage the toxins were released into my blood stream blocking off the suply of oxygen going to my brain. i keep losing weight, for some odd reason i cant drive at night because other drivers headlights blind me, i failed my most recent cancer test. now they think its my overies, now im supposed to get tested for lupus, lymes disease, rheumatory arthritus, muscular skeletor disorders, and more work done on my kidneys. ive completely given up on god ***n doctors! theres only one that i will see and that its dr. ranjiv Mathews, head urologist at john hopkins hospital in baltimore, maryland. HE IS AMAZING. ALL OF THE DOCTORS THERE ARE FANOMINAL!!! they will actually sit down with you and listen to what you have to say, and best of all they're always determined to pinpoint the cause of your sypmtomsand they dont treat you like a hypocondricac ...spelling? unfortuneltly i cannot afford to get anymore tests done at the moment, because i had to drop out of college to pay for my medical bills. TRUST ME **GO TO JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL IN BALTIMORE. I am only 23 years old and they gave me the hope to keep going : ) I hope my pathetic and lenthy story of my illness(es) has hopefully helped you in some way, and not bored you to death hehe good luck, and keep your head up high. life can be beautiful, but olnly if you let it : )
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement