Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Fibro/CFS vs. Depression

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 1, 2007
  • 08:39 AM

I am **CONVINCED** I have either fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue, but doctors tend to pooh-pooh the idea and tell me I am merely depressed. What to do in a case like that?

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Ask yourself...does it make sense that someone's liver is swollen and not functioning properly because they are sad? No. They are sad because their liver is swollen and not functioning properly.I have CFS and Fibro. I had over 70 symptoms. My original doc wouldn't listen to me. I fired him. I went to a doc who was "verse" in CFS.I got a diagnosis but no help. Just 2 pills that didn't really help. Someone in this forum suggested NAET or BioSET therapy. It is a form of accupressure.I've had 7 treatments and my symptoms are gone!!fatiguepainnightsweatsnightmaresGI problemsanxietydepressionand the list goes on and on. Don't wait for the docs...you'll be wasting your time. Find NAET or BioSET locally and go. This is my 6th day back to work after over a year. I was told I would never work again. I showed them. Thank God for wrong diagnosis. I don't know where I would be without it and BioSET. Best wishes...mommy cat:)
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies
    • October 1, 2007
    • 10:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, Drs seem to think depression causes everything, when its the other way around! Fibro & CFS have been linked to Lyme and co infections. Do some searches. There is no quick fix for Fibro or CFS. Please look into www.lymenet.org and see if that fits you better. Not everyone gets a rash. Feel better soon,~~Jersey Lymie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 2, 2007
    • 10:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • when you have CFS is your liver swollen?
    nursingstudent 3 Replies
    • October 2, 2007
    • 05:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • With CFS your liver could be swollen...sorry, I was just using that as an example. My liver was not functioning properly...not filtering the way it should which can lead to toxcitiy. Often times, this is a factor with depression. A good detox will help. PLEASE consider NAET or Bioset...even if you get a diagnosis for CFS/Fibro there is no help in western med for these diseases. The only thing that helped was Bioset for me!! Take care nursing student...I remember those days, I've been a nurse for 15 years. Best wishes...mommy cat:)
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies
    • October 2, 2007
    • 07:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you so much. This is a big help.It's such a pet peeve of mine when doctors explain everything away by saying it's "only" depression.... Grrrr.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 5, 2007
    • 05:14 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement