Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

Urinary & Testicular Problems

Posted In: Urinary conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 21, 2007
  • 05:03 AM

Around three years ago I was treated for a urinary tract infection. I never felt the infection went away completely however as I still felt symptoms although mostly mildly and not all the time. After a while I returned for more tests which came back all clear from Chlamydia, Gonorrhea etc.

Recently I noticed a small lump near the top of my left testicle and went to get it checked out. I again had urine tests done which again came back clear. After the ultra sound the lump turned out to be a cyst but the ultrasound also found that I had multiple calcifications in my testicle consistent with microlithiasis.

My concern is that whatever infection I had initially has never truly gone away, and I have read that in one study it was found that a sexually transmitted infection could lead to microlitiasis.

Can anone please give me some advice on where to go from here? I still feel a burning sensation when I pee from time to time, almost always after sex and then at just other random times, sometimes it is only light but othertimes rather uncomfortable.

MY gf also recently came down with a urine infection and I am wondering if this could be connected, im just really confused about what the best plan of action to take is - has anyone had a similiar experience or could anyone shed some light on this?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement