Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

BV on a male?

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 16, 2007
  • 06:44 PM

One month ago my girlfriend complained of itching around her vulva and labia after we had sex. She also had flu-like symptoms at this time. I also became itchy underneath my shaft on my scrotum. I itched it very vigorously once and it bled, but no clear puss or anything along with the blood.

She had swabs done, and had a visual inspection by the doc's. No bacteria in her swab, she was diagnosed with a yeast infection. She had a whitish/gray sometimes chunky discharge as well as irritation and soreness. The medication only stopped the discharge. After a while her itchiness went away but she still gets very sore after vigorous sex. She also had red bumps but they looked exactly like razor burn and we're pretty sure that's what they were.

I also developed a cold sore on my mouth at this time, but I have had herpes 1 for a long time. I also had small pink spots around my pubic hair, and they have sort of spread up towards my belly button. I had an STD test and examination done. HIV, gonorhea, chlymidia all came back negative, and the doc's said my spots were most likely jock itch, yeast from my girlfriend, or irritated follicles (my girlfriend does really grind into me when she is on top, sometimes it feels like hairs are ripping out.)

Fast forward a month, she went to a different doctor and had the same swabs done, and now they diagnosed her with BV. She had vaginal spotting throughout her last cycle, and mild irritation but no discharge. We have been using condoms ever since the yeast episode. I also went hiking and had a lot of chaffing on my scrotum. After we had sex I noticed that those pink spots hadn't gone away yet, and they had even spread to the front of my thigh just out of the pubic hair region, and they were very itchy (she was grinding me hard there as well). My scrotum has also become very itchy since immediately after we had sex and it is very red right now. The itching and irritated area seems to correspond with where her vaginal fluids drip onto my scrotum after orgasm, and it isn't on my shaft at all, just past the bottom ring of where the condom covers. Is it possible that her bacteria has infected the skin where contact occurred between her juices and my skin???

She just finished her BV prescription and her spotting has gone away and she is only still a little sore.

At my first doc's appointment they suggested lotrimin to get rid of fungal infection, which i just applied the first treatment, and I plan to go to another doctor and get a second opinion and a herpes 2 test if he warrants it.

Just wondering if anyone here has any wisdom they can give me cause I hate this itching.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement