Discussions By Condition: Pregnancy

am I wrong for wanting baby so young?

Posted In: Pregnancy 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Heather67
  • September 12, 2007
  • 06:49 AM

I'm sixteen years old. I am very much so in love with my boy friend. About two months ago we decided to try for a baby. No luck yet. We both have part time jobs and are going to school. I will Graduate in a few ,months, from my community collage. Then I can start on more hours at work. I have told my mother about what we are trying to do and his dad also knows. All I keep hearing from both of them are lectures. I understand that we are young, but we have decided on what we want. I wish people would respect our decision and not look down on us like we have no idea as of what we are doing. I have been around kids my whole life and weirdly but truly have wanted one since I was two years old.
Now this is not like I don't have any plans for our family.
I have a bank account, I always budget my money, spend my time wisely, and I hope to go to collage when I am eighteen. I want to be a Nurse.
But if I have my baby sooner then later, then I don't have to go as soon as I am eighteen, and can wait a few years until my child gets older.
And my neighbor has already offered me a job when I'm eighteen, he is high up in the company and I only have to work from 5 A.M to 3 P.M making $15.00 an hour.
So to me that's pretty good. Or my boyfriend/will be husband can take the job and I can just stay home with my baby, until Kaiden or Natalie starts school, then I can go to collage.

I think if I do, then things will work out. My mom would be supportive and I have close friends and family that would be there for us in case anything did happen. Not trying to say I would depend on anyone els to take care of my baby.

I just want to know your opinions on this.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement