Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Strange days...scared, need help?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 4, 2007
  • 05:20 PM

Ok i'll try and make as mush sense of this as i can. I am a 20-year-old male. When i woke up this morning i thought it was monday (thus way late for work), because i have no memory of yesterday. Literally none, it's like monday never happened. Friday night I had this horrible sensation in my head, it had happened several times before but nowhere near as bad. It feels like the world is crashing in on me, and i can HEAR it. I dont know if my hearing becomes painfully acute, or what, but it is horrifyingly painful and scary. When it happens i can't believe others don't hear it. Friday night while this was happening, i was also having this intense pain in the back of my head. For a while i thought something was in my head. Like a cockroach, or a moth. But not completely delusional, just kind of a "what if" thought, because that's what it felt like. Finally the muscles in my neck and head felt like they were all contracting at once, and i thought my head was going to explode. I could feel the blood pulsing in my head, and it felt like pressure was going to blow the top off it.
That was Saturday, then monday seems to have disappeared. Also once a couple weeks ago i was driving down a road i'd been down a thousand times, and suddenly became disoriented/confused. I didnt know where i was, or where i was going. Lasted maybe 10 minutes.
I should note i am OCD, with a history of severe depression/anxiety, and possibly bi-polar disorder. When i wasn't on medicine for my OCD, I did go into doctors claiming to have AIDS, or kidney failure, and they just kind of laughed at me, or did tests just to humor me. However i don't think that's the case here. It just seems like there's something going on physiologically. It can't all be mental. Brain cancer? I thought maybe an aneurysm, but i'm still alive. Brain embolism, or stroke? I don't think seizure. Maybe just plain old psychotic break? I just don't know. :(
If anyone can offer any help, i'd really appreciate it. I'll admit i'm kind of scared, so thanks in advance.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement