Discussions By Condition: Pain

is it pudendal neuralgia or hernia surgery complication?

Posted In: Pain 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 26, 2007
  • 06:45 PM

I lifted a heavy object in June 2006, felt in pain in obturator area and all around hip joint. doctors could not diagnose the problem. as I also had a very tiny inguinal hernia they advised me to have it repaired. This was done by open surgery, Shouldice repair, reinforced by a 3D Parietex patch. Six weeks after surgery I lifted some heavy boxes, and have had increasing undiagnosed pain since. For 8 months the pain was perineal/rectal, got to the point where I am unable to sit anymore. I found pudendal nerve sites and discovered the symptoms described there corresponded perfectly to what I experience. But my doctors know nothing about pudendal nerve ailment, so they just say I an wrong. Six weeks ago I started having pain at my hernia incision site as well, went to see a hernia surgeon, who said my surgery is fine, I should now see a gynaecologist to check whether this could be endometriosis. I never had endom. in my life and am now menopaused. The pains are also constant and do not vary with a menstrual cycle. The idea of edom. seems preposterous. In the meantime I hurt more and more... Has anyone had a diagnosed pudendal nerve entrapment? or a hernia surgery complication mimicking the symptoms of PNE?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• It appears that you have Pudendal Neuralgia/Entrapment, go to pudendalhelp.org and search the site for a doctor in your area, there are only a few that can treat you and they are also neurosurgeons as well. Print the info out and bring it with you. Sitting is painful, you have to get a donut pillow sold at medical supply stores to relieve the area around the buttocks. I had two nerve blocks and when that didn't help I now have EMG's vaginally to teach my pelvic muscles to relax and act normally again that way they would stop striking the muscle. I beleive I got this way from a lot of lifting at my business. Good Luck!I lifted a heavy object in June 2006, felt in pain in obturator area and all around hip joint. doctors could not diagnose the problem. as I also had a very tiny inguinal hernia they advised me to have it repaired. This was done by open surgery, Shouldice repair, reinforced by a 3D Parietex patch. Six weeks after surgery I lifted some heavy boxes, and have had increasing undiagnosed pain since. For 8 months the pain was perineal/rectal, got to the point where I am unable to sit anymore. I found pudendal nerve sites and discovered the symptoms described there corresponded perfectly to what I experience. But my doctors know nothing about pudendal nerve ailment, so they just say I an wrong. Six weeks ago I started having pain at my hernia incision site as well, went to see a hernia surgeon, who said my surgery is fine, I should now see a gynaecologist to check whether this could be endometriosis. I never had endom. in my life and am now menopaused. The pains are also constant and do not vary with a menstrual cycle. The idea of edom. seems preposterous. In the meantime I hurt more and more... Has anyone had a diagnosed pudendal nerve entrapment? or a hernia surgery complication mimicking the symptoms of PNE?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 8, 2010
    • 05:09 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement