Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

Excess Vaginal Discharge need help

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 144 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 17, 2006
  • 11:29 PM

I'm 16 years old and have been having vaginal discharge with odor for a while, im not exactly sure when it started, but have had regular discharge for 3 years. i often have to go to the bathroom to wipe because it is in excess. it is a clear-whitish color. i have been looking on other sites about this am not sure what it is. Can anyone help me?

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • get checked you may have an std called trichomoniasis. symptoms are vaginal itching, foul smelly disharge, frothy discharge, excessive discharge
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2006
    • 04:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • yea, but you would know if you had trich because it itches like crazy and its not white in color, its green and sticky. some women have an abnormal discharge all of their life. Niagra Falls vs the Sierra Desert. go get it checked out especially if you are sexually active.
    GoodLife 3 Replies
    • November 4, 2006
    • 08:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Basically you just need to go to a clinic and have them do a vaginal exam and swab on you, sounds like an infection, if you let this go long term it can do some damage.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2007
    • 04:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i've got the same problem. almost exacally. i'm 17. i've never been sexually active. i've had it since i was about 12 and it keeps getting heavier and heavier. it's to the point where i prefere to wear tampons just to keep dry. it's of healthy color and odor. there's just a ton of it and sometimes it's so thin it seems more like water. there's never any info anywhere about this and i don't plan on going to the gyno anytime soon. i hope it's normal but i also really don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2007
    • 01:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Is this all the time, or during the middle of your cycle? Does it last about 1 week, or 4 weeks? If it lasts only a short time of your 28 day cycle, say day 14-16, it's probably only you ovulating, and nothing to worry about. If it's all the time, then it's something more.
    BrendaBley 21 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 02:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Good point, BrendaBley. Sometimes you will have excessive discharge around ovulation, and it is normal. Also, look into your diet. High sugar and processed foods and dairy can cause excess mucus in your system which can manifest as vaginal secretions. If you eat a lot of the above foods you may want to cut them out and see if you have relief. Try not to clean too "thoroughly" or vigorously, as this can disrupt your natural flora. Plain soap and water is enough. Please don't douche. The best advice though is to get checked to rule out candida or BV. DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 03:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms, im 14 never been sexually active and its been going on since i was about 12, its white and sometimes can be runny, but it only happens when i have to go to the bathroom. Is some thing wrong with me?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 14, 2007
    • 04:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Would you give the same advice, if the discharge is more of a brownish color? It does not look "bloody", but it's a lot closer to what my period typically looks like when I'm just starting to menstruate, and it's still of a mucous-like consistency. It only lasts for about a day, about halfway in-between periods, and started when I was 21, lasted for about a year, stopped for about a year, and now has returned (I am 24 now).Thanks for your helpful advice!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 09:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I would say that this is definately be ovulation! I have read that a little blood tinged mucous around ovulation is an extra-strong ovulation? If there is anyone who disagrees or who have heard differently please correct me, but as far as I know, its normal...I have it too, but I'm not totally normal...I just don't know where I'm not. Brenda
    BrendaBley 21 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 09:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • well, like i said im only 14, and im not sexually active, but its happend non stop every day for almost 3 years. it actually stopped while i was getting my period, but as soon as it was over, the white discharge kept happening, i get so worried and im scared to talk to my mom because its so embarrassing, i dont know what to do
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 01:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Whats going on here is normal. Don't worry about it- you'll be fine. This site really is for adults though.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 07:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• if it looks like someone cracked an egg in your knickers its probably ovulationif its creamy white a bit smelly and itchy its probably thrush which is a yeast infection.tell your mom she can get it fixed.you get a prescription for it and it should clear up.if you dont it can lead to other problems.dont be scared to tell your mom she has probably had it too.and trust me she will be secretly pleased that you told her moms like to know that their kids will tell them stuff like this,i know im a mom!!!
    rebeccamc 40 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 03:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have recently had an excessive vaginal dicharge and it is white and sometimes smelly. I have benn told not to douche so I havent and it wont go away. I have thyroid problems and have been told this could happen. I just hope the doctor finds out what it is and how to stop it. I constantly feel like I am wetting my pants!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 03:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 27 and have been sexually active since 15. I would say in the last couple of years I have had excess vaginal discharge. Its a relief to know im not the only one. Some days its less so that others but my underwear is usually white by the end of the day, and i frequently have to go to the toilets to put tissue down below at work etc. I can usually feel it all of a sudden 'seep out', which is a horrible feeling. I have been for an full STI test and this was clear.I went for a smear test today and at the end when they remove the speculum, liquid the consistency of water came out, enough to leave wet patches on the paper under me, which also happened the last time. is this normal, its so embarrasing! Help!I heard the combined pill can make it worse due to hormones which is what I am on, but as no other side effects ie. weight gain / etc am unsure of whether to switch. Also heard a diet high in dairy can make your body produce more mucus so may be a tip.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • listen, i don't believe that this is caused by an infection or that it is caused by having many sexual partners. I am 29 years old, and I have had problems with discharge for years. I have been checked for infections, but nothing. I had my uterus removed two months ago, and that didn't even help. Some females just have this kind of discharge, and yes as with me you will probably have to deal with it till you stop having periods. Good luck, but of course, I'm not a doc. I will say though that if you have a discharge that is yellow in color, get checked out for a bacterial infection.
  • I'm 15 years old and have NEVER been sexually active, for roughly the past three years I have been having this clearish, whitish discharge. I really have no idea what this could be. I have looked on some sites and all I have found is yeast infection. But this has been going on non-stop for three years. I just want to get rid of it but I don't want to go through the embarrassment of talking to a doctor, or for that matter my mom. Could somebody please give me ANY helpful advice?
  • ok i am a 3rd year trainee midwife so i know a thing or two about down there!firstly just to avoid any confusion with the younger ones,thrush is not an sti.however it can be passed from partner to partner.symptoms are:itchingthick creamy white discharge,foul odour.do not douchewear cotton underwearavoid heavily scented products i.e bath oil,soap etc.. vaginal discharge is normal in all females including babies.this happens due to hormone levels,some women get spotty,some get greasy,some get discharge,some get nothing,but all women have hormonal fluctuations.if you are having an uncomfortable amount of discharge,try self help,again cotton underwear only,use no soap products at alldo not douchewear good quality liners i.e always or tena ladyand if its really bad GO SEE YOUR GPif you dont want to tell your mum,talk to an older sister,an aunt,a friend,your grandma,anyone you feel comfortable with,it wont stop til you see someone about it.chances are whoever you tell they will most likely have suffered from it themselves at one time or another.one in four women have this problem.once hormone levels sort themselves out this problem normally goes away.as for the person who had their womb removed two months ago....your discharge will stop once your body realises it has no natural hormones anymore,and trust me if you opted for hrt you will soon be as dry as a bone down there:D
    rebeccamc 40 Replies Flag this Response
  • I went for a smear test today and at the end when they remove the speculum, liquid the consistency of water came out, enough to leave wet patches on the paper under me, which also happened the last time. is this normal, its so embarrasing! Help! This is totally normal, and is due to the lubricant they use when inserting the speculum! Everyone has this happen when they get a smear:o Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • i have the same exact problem and also use a tampon to stay dry because it seriously limits what i do from day to day and it is so annoying! i have been looking online for remedies but seriously cant find anything. going to the doctor is too embarassing and i dont plan on doing it. i have never been to a gyno either
  • My problem is the exact opposite - I dont think i produce enough discharge. Unless i'm actually doing something to help i'm pretty much as dry as a bone which i dont think is right either. I know that the vagina is supposed to be self cleaning organ but if i'm not producing it on a daily basis then i dont see how it's cleaning itself. as a result of this when it does finally come out it's usually quite thick and smelly. Been to the doctor's several times but they cant find anything and keep telling me it'll clear up. im 25 now and had this problem since i was about 17. i used to produce normal amounts when i was a teen so know for sure that something changed and somehting isnt right! anyone got any ideas? please help
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement