Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Multi Focal Neuropathy

Posted In: Nerve conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 17, 2006
  • 10:54 AM

My mum has been diagnosed with the above. Everything I read on the web says it's nothing much and most people can go about their every day lives pretty much as normal.

Mum said she started noticing symptoms Oct 2005. Things speeded up dramactically over the past 6 months. Now each time I see her, every 6 -10 weeks, there is a distinct disintigration. She is now in a wheelchair and is finding it difficult to swallow as her breathing getting more and difficult. It even takes here voice away.

Earlier in year I said to my sister that at this rate she would be in a wheelchair by Christmas, it has happened so fast that we now fear she may even be dead by Christmas.

Her age (64) seems the wrong general age of this disease, the speed of it, the disintigration has all been far worse than anything I have read on the internet. Is there something else that has been missed? Are there more serious cases of this. We can't find any useful information.

Please get in touch if you have any experience of this or information?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Deffinatly big deal hope you got some answers quicker than this. Some neuropathies can be no big deal I guess I have yet to meet someone who thinks that exchruating pain never ending pain are no big deal but there are other neuropathies that can have serious compllications with major organs, heart, kidney, liver, also bladder function, and bowle function demand answwers see neurologist!!!My mum has been diagnosed with the above. Everything I read on the web says it's nothing much and most people can go about their every day lives pretty much as normal.Mum said she started noticing symptoms Oct 2005. Things speeded up dramactically over the past 6 months. Now each time I see her, every 6 -10 weeks, there is a distinct disintigration. She is now in a wheelchair and is finding it difficult to swallow as her breathing getting more and difficult. It even takes here voice away. Earlier in year I said to my sister that at this rate she would be in a wheelchair by Christmas, it has happened so fast that we now fear she may even be dead by Christmas.Her age (64) seems the wrong general age of this disease, the speed of it, the disintigration has all been far worse than anything I have read on the internet. Is there something else that has been missed? Are there more serious cases of this. We can't find any useful information.Please get in touch if you have any experience of this or information?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2010
    • 05:59 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement