Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Caterpillar Phobia

Posted In: Mental conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 17, 2006
  • 03:16 AM

I know this sounds strange to most people, but I have a terrible phobia of caterpillars. I can't even hear the word, or look at pictures of them without panicing. I don't know how to explain the full extent of my fear...you can only undertstand if you have a phobia yourself. I literally feel like I'm going to die whenever I see one.
Last year, in my old neighborhood, I used to run home screaming and crying because they were EVERYWHERE on the streets whenever I came home from school. My busdriver even went out of his way to drop me off right in front of my house. Now, I'm usually a strong person, and I rarely cry, but, the best way to make me cry instantly is to throw a caterpillar on me.

What should I do?? I live in Georgia and I can't find a couselor anywhere that specifically deals with kids my age (i'm 16) and I'm really scared b/z every counselor I read about says that they make you confront your fear so that they can see the extent of it :eek: . Can someone give me tips on how to overcome my fear?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement