Discussions By Condition: Anxiety

anxiety

Posted In: Anxiety 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 15, 2006
  • 09:54 AM

A couple of weeks back i had a panic/anxiety attack, in the pharmacy. As i couldnt breathe they gave me oxygen, later the when the ambulance picked me up they told me the panic attack was brought on by the imbalance already having too much oxygen in my system. They gave me valium to relax and told me to breathe in a bag next time it should happen but now im wondering if the oxygen given to me by the pharmacist could have harmed me in any way?

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• no .your concern about this is an anxiety symptom. people can breathe pure oxygen for long periods with no ill effects.why were you in the pharmacy?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 21, 2006
    • 00:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • A couple of weeks back i had a panic/anxiety attack, in the pharmacy. As i couldnt breathe they gave me oxygen, later the when the ambulance picked me up they told me the panic attack was brought on by the imbalance already having too much oxygen in my system. They gave me valium to relax and told me to breathe in a bag next time it should happen but now im wondering if the oxygen given to me by the pharmacist could have harmed me in any way? Hello:I do not think oxygen could have harmed you from the pharmacist. I also have my first panic attack about 1.5 months ago (at least that is what the doctors say it was). I have never heard they were caused by having too much oxygen. Can you tell me more about what your doctor said. I am trying to learn as much about this as I can. Thanks!
    New MKE User 15 Replies
    • October 24, 2006
    • 03:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • NO the oxyggen did nothingi had my first panic attack about 5 months ago in a restaurant and now i have a anxiety disorder and still get panic attacks from time to timedo any of you guys get weird chest feelings and stuff too that cause your panic attacks to kick in and have you guys lost alot of weight because since my first panic attack ive lost 40 pounds
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2006
    • 11:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i am new here had stress anxiety for a bit now chest tightness is my main problem can stress cause this i have had my heart checked out at er a couple of times ever thing comes back good my bp is normal about 120/80 pulse 72 i am on no meds scared about side effects any help would be good .
    whatalife 1 Replies
    • December 28, 2006
    • 07:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You might have just been hyperventilating?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 30, 2006
    • 04:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi been again to er today done all test everthing fine again but still got tight chest it feels like i can not take a full breath in my chest can the muscle in my chest cause this tightness and how can i get rid of it thank you for your reply any answer would be great
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 30, 2006
    • 10:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You might have just been hyperventilating?thanks for reply
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 30, 2006
    • 10:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am having the same problem with tightness in my chest. I thought it was really severe asthma so I went to the emergency room, they checked everything out and determined that it's anxiety. Since then the tightness has actually gotten worse though I am trying to relax. I think I'm in a constant "fight or flight" state and have been for a very long time. I want so badly to get out of this pain and feel better, but I feel overwhelmed and don't even know where to begin.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 9, 2007
    • 11:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ask your library to reserve for you a copy of"rational emotive therapy"by albert ellis.act on the implications of his list of "core irrational beliefs"if there is no real danger in your context,then the problem can probably be mitigated by adjusting your beliefs.good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2007
    • 09:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • NO the oxyggen did nothingi had my first panic attack about 5 months ago in a restaurant and now i have a anxiety disorder and still get panic attacks from time to timedo any of you guys get weird chest feelings and stuff too that cause your panic attacks to kick in and have you guys lost alot of weight because since my first panic attack ive lost 40 poundsHI, I get those weird chest feelings too, I know just what your talking about hun. I does scare the crap out of you. When they start, or if the heart flutters or tightness starts I break off a piece of one of my sons xanax and it goes away. I've been to the ER so many times and luckily seen the same doctor there that she gave me my owm script for them. My panic attack have gotton so that I am having them in my sleep now. Didn't know it was possible. I actually get dizzy in my sleep and wake up feeling like I'm about to pass out. So she gave me a script for the xanax and something to take at bedtime for dizziness and last night wasn't as bad. Been on Celexa for a couple of years, have GOT to get my dr to try something else.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2007
    • 09:59 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement