Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Cut in GA

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 19, 2007
  • 00:01 PM

I was cut in several places by a barbed wire fence 5 days ago. The cut on my finger was pretty darn deep but I didn't want to go and really didn't have time to go to the doctor. I used regular super glue to close it but am still a little worried about Tetnus. If it has been this long and I feel fine (other than the cut aching) should I quit worrying. If I do start feeling sick is it too late for a Tetnus shot or any other cures? Just looking for piece of mind! Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• No...you're not out of the blue yet. You could have actually sealed in the tetanus with the super glue...good move dude...you need a doctor to answer you questions and look at your injury. I suppose you could be due to come down with it on day 15 and you're not there yet, so if you get a shot, maybe it might help. I don't know. You need to soak it in iodine for like hours.... http://vaccineinformation.org/tetanus/qandadis.aspHow long does it take to show signs of tetanus after being exposed?The incubation period varies from 3-21 days, with an average of eight days. The further the injury site is from the central nervous system, the longer the incubation period. The shorter the incubation period, the higher the risk of death.What are the symptoms of tetanus?The symptoms of tetanus are caused by the tetanus toxin acting on the central nervous system. In the most common form of tetanus, the first sign is spasm of the jaw muscles, followed by stiffness of the neck, difficulty in swallowing, and stiffness of the abdominal muscles.Other signs include fever, sweating, elevated blood pressure, and rapid heart rate. Spasms often occur, which may last for several minutes and continue for 3-4 weeks. Complete recovery, if it occurs, may take months.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am not even going to ask why you were around a barbed wire fence and who you were trying to escape from:cool: , but please listen to Monsterlove's advice! Go to a doctor and have them look at it, and get the tetanus shot. DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement