Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

19 year old female w/memory loss and sharp leg pains

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 15 Replies
  • Posted By: chh916
  • July 18, 2007
  • 04:10 PM

I have had some symptoms lately that I never had before. Recently I have had memory loss, tingling and sharp pains in both legs, difficulty concentrating, extreme mood swings, and nightmares/trouble sleeping. Any ideas what could be going on?

Reply Flag this Discussion

15 Replies:

• Ambien side effects????
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • im not on any medications except the same birth control ive been on for 2 years
    chh916 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • hey- you should take a TON of vitamin C 8-10g a day to oxygenate your blood (which fights off any pathogens in the blood stream) also look up the product CELL FOOD. good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Plug these symptoms into Wrong D's program and see what pops up.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • this one is easy - take a multi-vitamin and a calcium/magnesium supplement. I bet a magnesium deficiency is at the bottom of it. If problem continues add magnesium malate to the mix. Alternatively, if you want immediate relief and can only handle taking one vitamin, try mag malate first.
  • any stress ? exams coming soon, or emotional problems recently ?
  • my friend died in may and my aunt and grandpa died in march.....the thing is my mom wont believe me that i feel so sick.....she thinks im faking ti for attention....
    chh916 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am the same age and am having the same problems...don't give up! My neurologist and rhuematologist are suggesting lupus, and I am going to get a lumbar puncture. But, the point is I have been having sharp pains in my legs and arms (especially forearms), really sick, I have been feeling really hot, and have had cognition/ memory problems. See a nuerologist and push to get tests, and dont give up, I know I wont. Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 28, 2007
    • 02:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • if lupus, should have joint ,rash,neuro, kidney symptoms..check blood for ANA, anti DNA,anti-sm.Blood test can rule out,sle.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 1, 2008
    • 10:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • it could be a side effect from the birth control pills...those things are deadly...talk with your doctor..blood clots form in the legs and travel kiddo...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 1, 2008
    • 10:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • 19 yr old female i have memory loss when i wake up in the morning sometimes i wont even remember having a conversation with people on the phone or even if i noticed i get a shower untill i feel my hair and it is wet....i dont know if this is normal or if im just stressing over nothing....please help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2009
    • 06:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Are you drinking lots of water every day?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2009
    • 05:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • if lupus, should have joint ,rash,neuro, kidney symptoms..check blood for ANA, anti DNA,anti-sm.Blood test can rule out,sle.i am a 19 yr old grl who was perfectly healthy before 2007. in March of 2007 i was injected with the hpv gardasil shot that the doctors are pushing for grls as young as 9 yrs old. since my shots, my whole life has changed. I had to stop working. all of the doctors i bring this up to try to cover this situation up. try to do some research (adverse affects to hpv gardasil shot). all of my symptoms consist of memory loss,confusion,extreme joint pain all over,tingling,numbness,headaches,blurred vision,dizzy,lightheaded,passing out,shortness of breath,and blue toes. i made 4 trips to the hospital twice admitted but no answer please spread the word i hope this can help you and i wish u the best of luck.
  • I'm 19 as well and have some similar conditions. I got the gardasil shot around the time I stated having memory loss, along with loss of hair, appetite, concentration and weight. At the time I had depression as well, so my doctor related those symtoms to it. It's two years later now though and the hair loss has stopped, though my hair is still thin, I was put on ADD medication for the concentration and that has gotten better and I'm over my depression. The only major problem is that my memory loss has worsened greatly. I'm forgetting numbers (like my bank account number and id code for work), names of people I've known for years, I even forget large periods of time. I have weeks, I don't remember, it's both long and short term. My doctor thinks it might have to do with the gardasil shot, though I don't know how to fix the problem if that's the case. A friend of mine also had extreme side effects from the shot, she had perfect vision her whole life until after the shot when her vision went way south.I don't know if the person that started this thread had the shot, but that could be the problem as far as memory goes.I've also been doing some research of my own since most doctors have been completely useless to me and found that you might want to get an MRI done to check for tumors. Some places such as the frontal lobe, and corpus callosum have little side effects (both include memory loss) until they are larger.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 11, 2009
    • 03:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am also a 19 year old female with what seems to be a scary deterioration of my memory. It's getting worse and worse by the month. I don't have any issues with leg pains but I do experience some strange mood swings. I've talked to a few doctors about this and they all seem to be in agreement that my birth control is probably the cause. This is terrible news for me! I don't know what to do because I've grown so accustom to not having to worry about getting pregnant. I'm in a serious relationship and don't see myself removing that part of my life very easily. But I suppose we have to make sacrifices for our health and I'd rather go without simple pleasures than my memory and overall mood!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 1, 2009
    • 06:12 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement