Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

unexplained pain in groin,leg, hands, feet after having sex

Posted In: Sexual conditions 41 Replies
  • Posted By: EcoGenie
  • July 12, 2007
  • 03:53 AM

Myself and lady friend went to be tested for all std's before having sex. All came back negative. Had sex! Now have fever, pain in groin, legs, hands and feet. I felt this strange thing while having sex with her. It was as if this whatever I have went right up into my penis to my testicles and later to my legs and hands. I felt it go in! Now I go back to be tested and it still comes back negative for all once again. Go again to be tested and still negative. I do think there is something going around that they do not have a name for so they are not looking for it in thier testing. I have seen many forums where others are having the same problem. Can not find someone that will help us. If you are having sex it is a good idea to protect yourself no matter what these test show. There are strains out there that they are not aware of. If anyone has had these symptoms and can shed some light on it please let us know. Thanks for listening!

Reply Flag this Discussion

41 Replies:

• Get a blood test for herpes 2. They don't usually check for that...get a blood test for hepatitis and hiv (which you probably did). Sorry, you seemed so cautious. I don't know why the herpes test is not standard for an std check.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • I could feel it too. It was like an entity attaching to the base of my spine...really creepy. It like darted back and forth and up and down my spine in the beginning. I knew I had something bad right away. Now, I just have constant pain. Have her get blood work for herpes 2, too. It could just be inside of her and she never broke out, or hpv. She would need pap to determine that. I'm not sure if they are doing blood tests for hpv.
  • Okay I need for you to keep in touch with me and we need to form a group of people that have:eek: this condition. How can I get in touch with you?
    EcoGenie 11 Replies Flag this Response
  • Check out antopia.com...there's already a group of people....but, get that blood test before you are thinking you have it...make sure it's the herpes 2 specific, otherwise they do a combo 1 and 2...well, if you had oral sex and she has herpes1 she can give you 1 downstairs, but it then becomes genital herpes...another poster said his doctor said there would be a cure in a few years....yes, stay in touch here for now and let me know your test results...
  • Went to the site you told me about but can't seem to locate the group of people you speak of. Can you give me a direct link to these people?:confused:
  • Get your blood test first. Here's another one: http://www.gotherpes.com/ You need to join/pay to have access to the boards at Antopia.
  • Went to the site and you are right you must pay to get onto it. Right now my funds are very limited due to I just got laid off from work. How much does it cost and would it be worth the cost? Thanks, Tom:cool:
  • Not yet until you get the blood work to determine if you have herpes 2. Since you are recently laid off, try to find a low income clinic that will run the test for you at a reduced rate.
  • Does she have insurance? Make her get the blood work and also a pap.
  • No she has no insurance and here in Jacksonville, Florida they are trimming the budget. With this comes no more hiv testing. They are headed for real trouble if they do this. Where can I find one of these clinics you speak of? She has no money at all. This makes it hard but if it doesn't cost to much I may be able to come up with the money. Thanks
  • The county health department has a STD clinic, but they don't usually do blood work for herpes1/2. You could get screened for all, but Herpes for free, so I would head you there. If they don't find anything then I would see a doctor and ask for the herpes test to rule it out.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• My test for herpes 1 and 2 I had done Wednesday and results will be back this coming Wednesday. I am hoping that is something that can be treated. My doctor put me on antibiotics until then. My insurance runs out August the 3rd so he said if this doesn't correct the problem we will have time to try something else. I didn't like this but anything is worth a try. I have on more day to take the antibiotic. My groin pain is still there. God I pray that I can find out what this is.:rolleyes:
  • If you have cold sores on your mouth, the combo herpes 1/2 will not do you a bit of good. You needed specifically the herpes 2 test!!!! See if it is positive and if so, go back and get the herpes 2 test. If negative, you would have neither. Keep us posted. Use all your insurance before it expires...
  • Did he test you for all the STDs before putting you on antibiotics? Did you get an HIV and hepatitis check, too? If not, go back on Thursday (I would make an appointment today to go over the herpes1/2 test) and get a physical with lots of blood work before your insurance expires. You have to write down what you want done and go in with a list. Get a cancer screening for colo-rectal, too.
  • This has really gotten me upset. Went to get my results for the Herpes test. All were negative! The doctor I could see was upset and told me that I am wasting his time that there is nothing wrong with me. He said that he has done all that he can for me. Suggested that I see an Infectous Disease doctor. I just wish that he had done this last week where I could of had more time on my insurance. Now I may be out in the cold with no hope in finding out what is really going on inside of me. I wrote him an email and explained to him once again my concerns with my condition and I only have until next Friday. I am so depressed over all of this.:confused:
  • You should be thrilled half to death that you don't have herpes. So that is one worry less. Be thankful that whatever you have might be able to be dissovled with the correct treatment. The problem I see is that you are not exibiting measurable conditions and the doctors want to be able to diagnose it before prescribing (unless you live near Mexico and you can do an antibiotic run). I had something one time for a year after a condom broke, and believe me, I had discharge, fever ,yet all my tests were negative. So I think there are unmeasurable strains of something going around. I walked into one clinic one time and told them that a guy told me he had Chlamydia and Gonorrhea just to get a shot of an antibiotic and drugs. Nothing worked and finally, a homeopath made a preparation of the discharge and my "nothing" finally went away.You said your insurance was just running out. I imagine you might want to have all those STD tests run by you a second time post sex (try a free clinic). Find another doctor if this one thinks you are wasting his time. He's not the uncomfortable one right now. But, I can only suggest that the woman should also be rechecked and get a pap. The HPV virus is on the cervix. I think she should also get a herpes 2, hepatitis and hiv test (unless she just had those tests). You could have something as mild as a yeast infection or some other garden variety infection that they don't test for. Sorry, I think she needs to pull together and get some tests on your behalf. Seems like it's not worth it any more...looking for someone special only to be on the rack afterwards.
  • Looks like you have another week of insurance so pack as much into it as you can. Get a CBC and lots of blood work and whatever else, including rectal cancer screening (that' pretty standard)...diabetes, ask about blood clots, get stress test....one week left....you have time. You might try a good chiropractor if there is one in your area...I think they will eventually find something. It could be that this triggered something else. I've been known to talk with a former lover's last lover before me to find out what they had..sometimes you have to turn into a slueth. Did this gal travel outside this country?
  • I found this:Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV), also known as lymphogranuloma inguinale, tropical bubo, Nicholas-Favre disease, and sixth venereal disease http://www.urologychannel.com/std/lymphogranuloma.shtml says you need to know travel history because mostly outside of this country:http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic304.htm You probably don't have it unless she's traveled to those countries..
  • Okay but the central nervous system. That is pretty scarry also. What you found sounds like this is what I have. The pain all around the groin and then traveling down to my feet and into my hands. The nervous system is carrying this pain to these areas from the site of infection. Now I am really scared about the nervous system. Has it done damage that can not be repaired? I sent the doctor an email with your information. I pray that he listens and gets me tested. Or has an appointment for me with the infectous disease people. I really do thank you for this information. It is greatly appreciated more then you know. Thanks again!!! Tom Majors
  • I do think you are right about me having this condition because I think she has had sex with someone that has been to one of these countries and brought it back with them. She had sex with them and contracted the condition through them. I do think this is what is happening and I need to be tested for it to make sure. The pain right now is in the groin area as in the nodes near the infected area.:o
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement