Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Help! I dont' want to be a house hermit!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 11 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 11, 2007
  • 02:27 AM

I have had this problem on and off for the past 7 years. I have had every medical test known to man and Doctors can not figure it out. It starts very sudden, I feel cramping in my gut, then diarrhea, but not explosive diarrhea, just slow painful with my gut feeling like it's contracting. After about 5 minutes of this, I get nauseated, dry heave or vomit depending on what time of the day it is. I break out into a cold sweat and get very weak. It mostly affects me in the early evening, but it has happened first thing in the morning before I've eaten anything and also late evening. After the "episode" is over, my gut hurts, I have a bitter taste in my mouth and I'm very tired. I will then be nauseated for several days which makes me feel like I need to eat something to make that go away. In the past 7 years I have gained 50 pounds from this cyclic agony. I never know when it will hit me, I can be just fine and then all of a sudden I feel it coming on. Over the past 4 months I have lost 50 pounds eating a low carb high protein diet. I thought maybe this would be my answer, but I've had two episodes in the past month, one early morning and one early evening. The other strange part is I ususally never get this during the winter months. I went from November to June with no episodes, I did not change any of my daily routines. I have tried ruling out the obvious foods, spicy, greasy, etc, but it does not seem to matter what I eat. Please help if you have anything like this, I'm afraid to go anywhere more than 5 minutes from my bathroom! PS: I have had both a colonoscopy and endoscopy, the doctor found nothing abnormal.

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• I am a "pre-premed student", I start my first year this fall, and I am very interested in your case. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to conduct an in-depth interview through email. This will help me establish your background and provide me with the proper information to sufficiently research your case. Hopefully I can then establish possible diagnoses to discuss with your doctor.You can email me at: e.v_page@yahoo.com Thank you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Do you eat fresh (raw) foods in summer that you don't consume in winter? Maybe celiac? Maybe food allergy?
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • Dear Unregistered (original poster) Please read threads in this forum The truth about CFS/MECFS/ME/Morgellons/Alzheimer'sThe truth about the truthWant answers, read here you will find valuable information and links thereYou are not alone. I have been noticing many people with same symptoms, that have had every test, seen every doc and still do not have a diagnosis.I was one of those people, until I found a doctor who was already diagnosing and treating people with CFS.Mycoplasma research will help also, as this is the underlying cause for many of our diseases.Notice how many new dis-eases exist today?It's not a coincidence. There is a resaon. Actually, severalWishing you well...hope this helps....mommy cat:)
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
  • This must be a ME CFS Chat room, because Mommy Cat thinks that is the answer for everything. Mommy Cat, its too much!!! If you want people to believe your diagnosis, then don't tell everyone they might have it. Pick a few that you think will believe it and stick with them. I hope no one is actually taking your advice to heart.
  • Dear unregistered....why are you here? Do you have a medical problem? Are you not reading my info to these people? MYCOPLASMA diseases are what is happening in this forum.Do you have any pertinent information to share with anyone, or do you just find where I've attempted to help others and bash me?Have a nice day...mommy cat
  • Do you eat fresh (raw) foods in summer that you don't consume in winter? Maybe celiac? Maybe food allergy?I do eat a lot of raw/cooked vegetables and fruits, but I eat those year round. I was tested for celiac too, it was negative. I've been tested for everything, it's so frustrating.
  • Mommy Cat,Whether or not the Unregistered poster from before has a medical condition or not is irrelevant; they're right in saying to lay off, because quite frankly, you sound ridiculous running around and telling nearly everyone that they have ME.I've been a member of this site for months, and I both offer and accept advice...but at least I offer more than one possible answer to those who come here for help. I highly doubt that they want to be spammed by your irrelevant little websites anymore than I did when you did the same to me.Be offended, inform me that you're a nurse and tell me to have a nice day all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're wasting people's time.
  • Irritable bowel syndrome? Abdominal angioedema?
    aquila 1,263 Replies Flag this Response
  • Mommy Cat, I thought that this thread was called "I cannot get a diagnosis, please help" Not "Mycoplasmas R Us." I am ill, have entered several of my own problems, I am the Vet suffering from possible PTSD, if you must know, and quite frankly, if it weren't for the sake of these sick people looking for help, and getting stuck with your advice, I wouldn't come back to read your trash advice every day. But I care and hope that someone here is going through or has seen what I have seen and has answers that I don't. And I also hope that my experiences can somehow help some people who are suffering as well. I don't have time to register, I, believe it or not, have a life and family.
  • doctor said it was not IBS because of the vomiting, and the fact that there are are no specific foods that seem to cause this, it's just totally random, but I know there has to be SOMETHING that makes me sick, I just can't figure it out. I travel a lot with my job, 9 out of 10 trips I get sick at least once. it's not nerves, or stress, I can be totally relaxed, happy and feeling normal and then it hits out of the clear blue. I just need to find the reason, the doctors can't seem to figure it out.
  • Doctor's can't figure it out...with any of us...that is the problem here. Is anyone else not seeing that everyone in this forum is saying the same story?Did your doctor do a polymerase chain reaction test for mycoplasam?If not, it may be the reason he can't find out what is wrong. They are not looking in the right place.Hope you are well...mommy cat
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement