Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I Really Need Some Advice On What's Going On.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: 7DayTheory
  • July 10, 2007
  • 05:41 PM

What's going on?

About 3 saturdays ago I went to the park to play basketball. Everything was going great. I played about 3 games non stop. I only ate 1 breakfast sandwich from mcdonalds that morning. Anyway, after I played.......I got in my car and proceeded to drive home. After about 5 mins.....my heart starting racing. I quickly pulled over and had to kneel down. It was still racing, so my friend calls 911. They came and took me to the hospital. I had suffered from dehydration. On top of that, I came down with a stomach virus. So for the first week in a half, all I wanted to do is sleep and lay down. It wasn't until last week I was able to walk around normally. Ever since my heart started racing, it hasn't felt the same. So I went to my doctor and they gave me an echo (ultra sound on my heart) turns out I have a mild Mitral Valve Prolapse. I knew I had it. 4 years ago, the doc told me the same thing, but I was only 18 or 19 so I didn't really paid much attention. Ok...lets fast foward to now. The last couple of days I'm experiencing shortness of breath. Never got this before. It seems everytime I really think or concentrate on it, it gets worse. When ever I try not to think about it, it doesn't bother me much. Its hard to explain. I never get a satisfying breath. Eventually when I inhale stronger, I get it. But its really bugging me out. I haven't played basketball since that day. I'm a very active dude. I haven't done anything for the past 3 weeks. I'm kind of nervous to do anything. I got blood work done, everything came back normal. Plus I don't feel 100% like I once was. I feel tired and weak a lot. I do have some energy bursts, but doesn't last long. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement