Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Streptococcus Agalactiae Group B

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Swartzbwithu
  • July 4, 2007
  • 01:03 AM

I was born with mitral valve prolapse with mild regurgitation and have been battling recurring urinary, bladder and kidney infections for over 10 years. I also suffer from psoriasis which is very painful and covers my entire neck and back of head.
The hospital finally did an extensive panel and discovered I have the above mentioned bacteria which appears to be rare in woman that are not pregnant. I am curious if anyone knows if there is a connection between all of these things. I have found some connection but still am not sure what my next step should be.
Please advise...any help is much appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Hi, i just found your post while trying to find out info on this bacteria. Im a non pregnant woman who's just found out she has this problem too. I have some issues with my immune system so may be more susceptable to things like this than a healthy person. As i collected my test results from the desk before the doctor looked at them, I havent seen him yet about it. Im wondering how you were treated for this.. is it antibiotics by mouth??? (or can anyone else tell me that, I saw IV antibiotics mentioned but are wondering if that is for just if its caused a blood infection?????) I hope you see Ive posted and reply back.Thanks
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement