Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

19 and Desperate for answers!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: mormongirl
  • July 2, 2007
  • 03:05 AM

I have been having some really weird fainting spells lately. I have been taken to the ER twice in a week, once by ambulance. It is really starting to annoy my boyfriend and I. I have been having headaches, fatigue, tachycardia, and fainting. Please Help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• I have been having some really weird fainting spells lately. I have been taken to the ER twice in a week, once by ambulance. It is really starting to annoy my boyfriend and I. I have been having headaches, fatigue, tachycardia, and fainting. Please Help! virus??? heart condition?? BP problem???? What did the doctor say?
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • My bp is normally textbook. I've had an EKG recently, so that rules out heart conditions. Obviously nothing came up in my bloodwork, or they would have told me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • An negative EKG doesn't rule out cardiac disease. What were you doing when you fainted? Are you pregnant?
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • I fainted recently and also had several incidents in which I noticed tachycardia, and thou i have another medical condition which can cause that, the doctor still sent me away to have all the heart tests done just in case it was a heart problem. I not only had an EKG, i also had heart exercise stress test, a heart ultrasound and 24 hr hoilter monitoring done. My doctor was quite though, what your doctor has done ISNT enough. Push your doctor to try harder to get to the bottom of it and for more tests to be done.
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • I haven't had a chance to see my family physician yet. He was completely swamped. As to what I was doing last time I fainted, I was babysitting (for a doctor no less!) I had just got the baby to finally go to sleep, and I was picking up the toys in the living room. I just felt dizzy. I remember starting to fall, but not hitting the ground. It was very scary.
    mormongirl 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • Look up orthostatic hypertension, BPV (and do the positioning), are yo pregnant?
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am definitely not pregnant, and I check my pb every time I have a dizzy spell.
  • Look up the symptoms for Orthostatic HYPOtension. Also, Check out symptoms for Syncope and Anxiety attacks. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Like I said, my bp is textbook. I know it's not anxiety. The only thing I'm worried about is the fainting now that it's started. I have an eeg in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will tell me something.
  • Hi, mormongirl. I feel almost certain that you have heard of it at this point, but it is not tremendously common, so just in case: you might look into Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). A friend of mine at Stanford suffered through this when he was in high school. Over the course of a year it became increasingly debilitating; he fainted with greater frequency and had less energy. However, he got great medical help, and near the end of the year, he began to climb out of the illness. He's now one of the best rowers (i.e., crew, the most strenuous endeavor known to man or beast) at Stanford. So two things you might check out right away: the following website: http://www.dinet.org/pots_an_overview.htmAnd my buddy, Nico Sand - you can friend him on facebook, or send him an e-mail at knutsand@stanford.edu (Knutnicolai Sand is his full name; he's from Norway originally). He's a great guy and loves to help people who might have this, so I'm sure that he would listen to what's going on with you, give you advice about testing, finding the right doc if you have it, etc. I sure hope you figure out what's up,Michael
    michaelmunson 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement