Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Doctor thinks I am Crazy! Which is leading to Panic Attacks

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jagsbabe1205
  • June 28, 2007
  • 06:43 PM

For years I was going to my Primary for headaches, dizzyness, temp loss of vision, and a numbness that would start either in my face and travel down my left side into my hand. My doctor sent me for an MRI. In which the Nuero said that I was having Focal Seizures. Ok, the headaches and stuff got worse and it does not occur every day week or month. It sporadic and I expierence this for several months at a time and then it goes away for months.

Ok about three years ago I went to the post office across the street from where I work. Now I do this every day as part of my job, I came out of the post office not recognizing where I was or not knowing where I supposed to be going? I felt like one of the poeple that you read about in the paper. (missing woman since? has disabilities). Anyhow I went back to my primary who then said my blood pressure was extremely low ( had hard time getting reading, (also I have high blood pressure since giving birth to my last child, he is now 14). He told me no work and complete bed rest for a few days stop taking my BP medicine and call him in a few days with how I feel. Now home with my kids its around Memorial day weekend, I was doing really stupid stuff and not even noticing, but the kids did. I put our phone in the freezer one day. I was making potato salad and instead of mayo put coffe grounds in it and like I said I didn't even know that I did it. I though everything was fine other than the contant fatigue and other symptoms I had for years. I did have to stop to think for a few minutes sometime when asked really simple questions to make sure I was giving the correct answer.I was out of work for 7 weeks, at the ER 3 times in this period with different docs telling me different stuff was wrong.

ER
1. CAT SCAN_they told me I had a mini stroke but they were not sure when it occurred and I needed to be admitted to do further testing which said I was having some sort of seizures.
2. They said the mini stroke shows on the MRI with Dmylentaiton and water in a specific area and I was having ischemic attacks but not to take my BP medicine because my bp was jumping up and down when I would sit or stand, they also gave me a breathing treatment and to me to follow up with a nuero to rule out MS.
3. Same thing with the mini stroke , but they said that the ischemic attacks were sporadic and they thought I needed an MRI of the brain to rule out MS but they also thought is was focal seisures.

I went to the Neuro and he did the walk eyes check and push pull hands and legs and he said I was fine other than having focal seisures, he gave me medicine for it

two weeks after starting the med I had a real full blown seizure where I blacked out completely and loss control of my bladder, my body was violently thrashing and this occured ina restuarant. Oh I left out the part where I also was having pain in my legs (which they said is RLS) it's not, I have checked out the symptoms. And of course I stopped taking the medicine that caused the seizure.
I visited the neuro again and told him about the seizure which I never had before his medicine, he said to continue the meds and I would be fine after awhile.

Well here I am years later still undiagnosed and with more symptoms than ever. I cannot deal with heat I feel like I am being fried in a pan, I have a sun allergy, hard time breathing and heavy cough. My ankles and knees swell for no apparent reason, (had x-rays) my lymph nodes in my neck and head sweel, headaches last for days but they are not migranes, just pressure. My legs ache most of the time. the numbness is more frequent and last longer than before I get cloudy alot and feel like I am spaced out sometimes. I did have a test where they put wires on your head and do stuff, I even brought it home for a weekend they said they did not see anything on the test. I also have red palms on my hands and blotches of reddish purple on my arms, legs and beggining on my stomach. I get severe pain in my upperstomach that makes me cripple over in pain until it subsides. The Doc did blood work for this and now I have some sort of bacterial infection in my stomach. I was allergic to the med for that so I guess live with it is the answer. I don't know what else to do. I have seen 3 neuro with 3 diff answers and I think my doc just tends to ignore me now or tell me to get counciling.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement