Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

frequent urge to urinate at night, reduced output

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: micenmen
  • June 27, 2007
  • 04:03 AM

Hello,

I'll try to keep this succinct. 29/male, healthy, desk job, with a frequent, strong urge to urinate - but, only at night. And, I cannot go much when I try. Gets progressively worse throughout the night. Been to two urologists - treatments of antibiotics and BPH and other stuff have been unsuccessful. After many months and covering all their bases, they are scratching their heads. Doc 2 decided to send me to physical therapy which I will start soon.

Any ideas? Any message boards out there that you know of that might help me?

Thank you so much,

-JP

Extra info: Had this for years. I am bipolar, but docs can find no relation or medication issues.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• So what's it like in the morning and daytime. If it's only at night and laying down makes it worse, I would thing you have some kind of kink in your plumbing. Have your urologist order a voiding cystourethrogram which is a real-time study of how you pee under fluoroscopy.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thank you for responding.What is it like in the daytime? I'm normal, really. I've never had a powerful stream - my friends would always make fun of me in the men's room because I took a lot longer. :) But, no symptoms like at night. I'll bring up your suggestion to my doc. Thanks again - it means a lot that you both took the time to help me out.-Joey
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Do you snore? Do you find yourself waking up suddenly and gasping for breath?If so you might want to get a sleep study for sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea causes nocturia - urination at night, especially if excessive.Do a search on the web for:sleep apnea: nocturia
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement