Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

i recently started to suffer depression ?

Posted In: Mental conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 19, 2007
  • 05:53 AM

Ive just realized a have been living with depression since like i was 20 years old im 41 now .Its always been slight ,but last week I suffered an attack i had never felt before. Crying and feeling of isolation.I oversleep all the time and im very tired as well .Im in no mood to go out of my room. Not even to take a shower sometimes .I wrote a letter about my childhood suffering thinking that might help me .I cryed the whole day as i wrote the letter.I have felt very sad especially around christmas for some reason over the years.Thoughts of suicicde have come to mind.Im a god believing person so i know i can never go thru killing myself but the thoughts are there. Desperation and feeling of noone loving or careing about me came so strong. I lost my job and cannot afford medical treatment.Im fighting this day by day. Does anybody have any suggestions that can help me

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• See a doctor, could be depression, could be something more serious... get help now! :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Drink lots of water- try to hang out with someone who makes you feel lovable, Take Oil of Oregano, Vitamin B complex- eat more raw food.You should read "Never Be Sick Again".Avoid processed food.Tell yourself : I love myself, I accept myself. Smile at yourself in the mirror.See yourself in your mind- smile at yourself and give yourself a hug.Hang out with me- I love everybody :p - kidding but serious.I send you a big hugXOXO.Fruity.
    Eatafruit78 960 Replies Flag this Response
  • Consider that being depressed is an activity we perform - it takes a lot of energy. My advice is simply not to do it. Yes, look for the reasons and solve them - but while maintaining love and acceptance. Refuse to do the actual depression. Tell yourself that nobody has a right to expect misery of you. Observe the wild birds and animals in nature. Listen to a dove singing. They don't think much, so why do they feel okay, most of the time? We don't need a reason to be happy either. We can choose it, and it is easier to do. Try to read these books, "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle (Hodder & Stoughton) and "A Course in Miracles" channeled by Helen Schucman (Viking, Penguin).
    Curly Stooge 319 Replies Flag this Response
  • I understand completely or at least based on what you have shared. And thank you for sharing...that's one of the first steps of recovery. I don't know where you live but most cities will have free clinic and referral services. Sometimes a hotline may be available. Here's a place to starthttp://depression.about.com/cs/suicidecrisis/a/whomtocall.htm Don't let the suicide crisis scare you...It has lots of information and help for all ranges of depression. Until you find help...and you need to ASAP. Is practice a few techniques. what has worked for me is cleaning. There is something about cleaning that works for me. And trust me...just the thought of cleaning will help me lighten up. A routine has helped. Sleep is a biggie. There are some excellent videos on depression and sleep right here on Wrong Diagnosis. I too have been depressed most of my life and although I have done pretty good for several years...recently I have felt the need to get back into therapy...I take Zoloft and have for years. Take care of yourself and the ones you love
    icreate 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • thanx to all of you who responded .i started feeling better after a couple weeks or so .i just started reading the bible and going out for walks .also i started visiting a dear friend who was just diagnozed with cancer.I think looking at life through his eyes made mine just a lil better.So sad even though. I wanna once again tell you thank you for your responces and for being there...................
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • thanx to all of you who responded .i started feeling better after a couple weeks or so .i just started reading the bible and going out for walks .also i started visiting a dear friend who was just diagnozed with cancer.I think looking at life through his eyes made mine just a lil better.So sad even though. I wanna once again tell you thank you for your responces and for being there...................Thanks for mentioning the Bible- it is really powerful.Good medicine.Best,Mar.:)
    Eatafruit78 960 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement