Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Urinary distress for 6 weeks...I NEED YOUR HELP!

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 18, 2007
  • 00:24 PM

For the past 6 weeks, I have taken continuing 10-day courses of Cipro for urinary burning and urgency that occur at the end of urination. Because I am allergic to most antibiotics, I've only taken Cipro. I have NO back pain and no other symptoms except, incidentally I suppose, a swollen right knee (off and on) and joint pain all over my body (which I have had for a long time and have been treated with all the drugs that have now been taken off the market for inflammation). My initial several urinanalyses showed non-specific, mixed flora but 10 days ago, that urinanalyses showed a high white blood cell count. Additionally, I have been given Pyridium, Pyridium Plus, and now Urised--all of which have worked for a couple of days but not long term. I've had ultrasounds taken of my kidneys and bladder, all of which were negative except for a couple of small cysts in my left kidney which urinologists discounted as to my age, 71. One urologist "diagnosed" me with IC - which the next urinologist said I didn't have but he had no diagnosis at all. My family doctor ended up treating me the last time (10 days ago) with additional Cipro, Urised, 5 milligrams of Valium at night for two weeks and Primarin cream. I finished the Cipro three days ago, stopped taking the Urised to see if burning/urgency symptoms would persist--and they did. My family doctor's office is closed this week for vacation. I MUST be eating or drinking or doing something that exacerabates my condition. I take Accupril (generic), .81 enteric-coated aspirin, and Prozac daily. When my knee swells, I take ibuprofen - but this symptom just comes and goes with no regularity. Please somebody HELP!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement