Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Spontaneous Panic Disorder?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 17, 2007
  • 03:36 AM

I went to the doctor... two months ago or so, with wheezing, and just all around weirdness. Mostly just freaked out because I'm a smoker.. so the whole wheezing and feeling out of it was sort of a concern. The wheezing was cleared up with discongestants, but the weird feeling didn't clear up at all. I then quit smoking, and up until now it's been around two months since my last ciggerette. Now it seems I get heavy feeling / tingling limbs, (glove / stocking pattern), the periods of being.. out of it, confused, and all that have increased in length and duration. Now it seems like there might be some loss of coordination. I also seem to get palpitations that continue as I do.. nothing at all. Chest pain, and slight shortness of breath also occur. I've been to the ER about this once, just because I thought maybe I was on my way to a heart attack, but chest X-ray, and EKG came out normal. I followed up with my physician who looked at me for about.. two seconds, then sent me out the door with Xanax and Atenolol, (both apparently for anxiety). I've been to another physician and he said he didn't necessarily agree, but just kind of said.. come back in a month.

Sorry for the long description, but I didn't want to leave anything out that might shed some light on anything. If it is panic disorder, then I'm fine with it. I'm just skeptical because.. being 22 you'd think this would have arisen sooner, and not just with a slew of symptoms. I'm not under stress, or becoming really terrified, unless of course.. lots of these symptoms show up at once, but.. at that point who wouldn't be? Any thoughts, or ideas as to what I can do, what I could look into, or any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement