Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Post Trauma Stress Disorder Scapegoat

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 13, 2007
  • 02:47 PM

I am so sick of doctors telling me that the only thing wrong is PTSD. I have hematuria, itchy sores on arms and legs, swollen lyph on back of neck and bumps on my tongue. These bumps look like my taste buds have swelled all up. Its mostly on the top and tip.

I get occasional headaches and have had gastro problems since Iraq(2004), but I didn't go through anything too brutal over there. I didn't have to kill anyone or see anyone dead or hurt. The worst I had to experience was ducking when indirect came our way.

I was very lucky and blessed not to go through what alot of the guys went through, so it frustrates me that docs want to diagnosis me with a disease that should be reserved for those who are actually suffering from the aftereffects of these kinds of situations.

I truly think there is something wrong with me, but no one will even look past the easy answers. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong, or what kind of doctor I should look for with these kind of symptoms?

Thanks for your help

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement