Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

no replies? someone must be able to give advice (long post)

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: kimstroz
  • June 2, 2007
  • 10:19 AM

I tried posting this is a few forums, but no one replied....I am beginning to lose hope....

I have some combined symptoms, but the only conclusion my gynecologist(s) come to is endometriosis. Last fall, I began to experience unspecific abdominal pain in the right side (I had been off birth control for 10 months after using it for 12 years). I had ultrasounds and MRI, but nothing showed up other than the pain.

In February, I began to have alternating periods of vaginal dryness, white discharge, lack of discharge and irritation on my labia/clitoris right before my period and then it returned after. I was diagnosised with an unspecific bacterial infection (which was thought to be a yeast infections). The abdominal pain continued, so the doctor prescribed a low dose birth control and suggest laproscopy (which I can't get at the moment because of my insurance). The medication helped a bit, but the problem did not go away. I was given another medication and this did not help. I went to another doctor and she said some of the symptoms might be related to the low dosage of estogen in the pills, so she prescribed Orthrocyclen and suggested I take it continously to alleviate the endometriosis. It helped initially, but I still have alternatining periods of strande discharge and redness along with the constant abdominal pain. I am now on the 2nd month of the pill. Two days a month I seem to be normal with my normal discharge and on these two days, I don't have abdominal pain. I've had smears done, but they come our normal. The abdominal pain and vaginal discomfort seem to be connected, but this does not seem to be normal for endometriosis. I am wary about having surgery and not having the problem solved. Any ideas or people with similar symptoms?

It is really beginning to affect my life because I get depressed over the pain

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement