Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Agoriphobia/Panic & Anxiety Attacks! PLEAS HELP I can't live like this anymore!??

Posted In: Medical Stories 13 Replies
  • Posted By: MagnoliaAngel
  • May 26, 2007
  • 00:09 AM

Hi to everyone, Im new on here today & I Pray to God that someone out there can help me. Im at the end of my rope & holding on by a thread & a Prayer! I thought about taking a overdose & just end all my suffering. I am 51 yrs old & have suffered with Agoriphobia/Panic & severe anxiety attacks since I was 15 yrs. old. I have one son who will be 35 In June & a Beautiful grandbaby named Chloe, I missed her 4 BD Party In April because my fear of leaving the house has gotton really bad..& I can't seem to get a grip on anything, my energy Is sooooo low & my sleep is rare..I have tried sooo many med's....but NOTHING has seemed to help.I have also read sooo many books on everything from panic..anxiety..lot's of self help books..the most recent was Panic Away...no help again?? Im begging any of you out there to PLEASE email or post back to me with any suggestions. I have Never been this Depressed for soo long with NO Light at the end of the tunnel at all. I live In a small town & all of the Dr. here just seem to think Im just plain Crazy or making this Living ***l up!! I wish! If any medication has helped any of you even a tiny bit PLEASE let me know...I know I won't be around much longer If I can't find some relief & fast!! I pray to GOD that I will be flooded with answer's by all of you out there with Agoriphobia & the ***l we have to be In 24/7! Im a prisner In my own home & Im so sick of being sick & NOT Living...I feel like Im just taking up space & my life Is so sad..I have no support or anyone who understand's what I have to live with 24/7! Thank's for reading my post... Please HELP Im DESPRATE & SCARED of what I might do! God Bless & Take Care!

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• dont do it :(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 10, 2007
    • 03:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have lived with the same problem for years. Here is my outlook. Every second you are alive is a second you make an effort not to die, that makes every second an accomplishment. Suicide is out of the question. You might as well at this point just go... if its so bad that you want to kill yourself whats the worst that could happen?worst case, you throw up and pass out in front of a few people. big deal, trust me when I say that you wont make the front of the page because anyone over the age of 15 has the ability to understand the problem.anxiety is a natural emotion, like laughing, crying, feeling shy, its all the same.Christmas is coming... I have to goto my grandparents, and it makes me sick just thinking about it, but Inside myself, I see myself making it, because anxiety is evil, and evil will never beat me.Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 18, 2007
    • 00:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi there,I'm 21 and have been agoraphobic for most of my life,I can go out if i am with my partner or family, i have no friends because they don't understand why i couldn't meet them to go out so i got left behind.It is very hard to feel so alone, i have been able to push myself to make smalljourneys on the bus and once on the train but lately it has become very hard to cope i would love to go out and just not worry about the outside and other people but as you know its not that easy i haven't found anyone to talk to since this started doctors cant understand they give opinions and tablets then say go out and get a job yeah right its so easy lol.Anyway you need to be strong it is hard and will stay that way as long as you let it try and do then things you feel comfortable doing and slowly every day do something small you wouldn't normally do and really praise yourself after wards as no matter how small everything every small tiny step you make is a great one onto the road to recovering your life as you need to see your grandchild and i know the shame of not being able to see there birthday as you cant face the outside world but just make small steps and hopefully you will see there next birthday and be right there with them.Not sure how much help i am.Gemma
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 5, 2008
    • 05:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Go to www.mercola.com and search for the EFT manual EFT = Emotional Freedom Technique.Or check www.emofree.com for other info.It is easy to use and effective. There are now a number of professionals that do this type of work. It basically helps reprogram your brain so your automatic reactions to things. On possible suicide- it reverbates throughout many other lives that it effects. And kids have a really tough time with it. I had a fiance take her own life over 20 years ago and the effects on myself and many others were life changing.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2008
    • 04:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Your medication (prescribed or not) increases the problem. I suffered for years and almost became an alcoholic since alcohol helped me cope. Then I discovered Iyengar yoga. Only twice/3 times a week. Within the first month a problem i had since my late twenties went away and I've been totally panic free for more than ten years.One also realizes other interesting things such as how panic attacks/agoraphobia may be a symptom of general discontent/feeling out of control.. a lack of authenticity in your life? How we start treading ou negative footpaths in our minds that manifest in bad body and mental health. Identifying the cause, just getting to know yourself, is often half the solution.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 9, 2008
    • 11:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • http://www.stresscenter.com/I am also Agorephobic... I have been for 3 years now! I have to go to the dentist because theres a hole in one of the Wisdom teeth comming in! The pain is unbarable... but if I don't go in I could die... not that I'm worryed as you know you probley like YES!!!! LOL... anywho... I know I can't cause my Cat which is my best friend would just die without me! The link I put above is a link to the Midwest Center Program... I ordered it of an info commercil... So far everything in the books/tapes have been me I can understand it although Im only in the 1st week! But its been good so far I walked like 20 steps down the street! YAY! Anywho... maybe we can stay in contact with one and other and get through it together... Im yet to find someone like me out there I feel like I'm it alone! So... I hope to hear back from you!!! Best of Luck and God Bless!Jo Jo
    HCivicCarsRPusy 1 Replies
    • February 11, 2008
    • 02:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • please dont do it...im only 17 and have tried several suicide attempts and for some reason noe of them worked...and thats because there is a reason for everyone being here...my step mom takes a buncho f different pills but recently found one that worked...i dont know wat it is off the top of my head however if you would like to email me i can ask her when i get home and email it back to you...i kno i am young but some say iam quite wise beyong my years and i think i can help i never sleep so you can call em when ever you are thinkin about donig something or when your having anxiety about leaving the house..that helps me whne i talk to someone on the fone they coach me through it and it really sounds simple but makes a great deal of difference...wat ever i can do to help you i will i have the same problem and have been through alot more in my life which has contributed to the disorder...abuse and neglect...i promise i will do watever it takes...i reallly do know how terrible it feels but you can make your grandchild needs you as does your child...and you need yourself... that may sound odd but its true...you can think back of times before the disorder overwhelmed you and remember good things...you can get back to that it just takes time and support and i will be your support system...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey, I don't have agoriphobia, but I've dealt with thoughts of suicide before because of other problems. I have OCD and people constantly tease me and mess up anything I try to straighten and it drives me mad! The only thing I can say is...you don't need to kill yourself. There are things to live for. Think of family. Would they want you to kill yourself? I don't think so. You have to face your fears with God on your side. Remember Phillipians 4:13--"I can do all things through *****t who strengthens me." You can overcome this with God. Just pray and I will pray for you. Please reconsider your suicidal decision.A Christian Friend
  • Hi I'm so happy, you helped me figure out what is wrong with my son. He doesn't want to leave the house ever. It drives me nuts. Maybe you can help me with this.
    Someone to talk to 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am a 39 year old male and have recently developed panic disorder myself and I agree with you it is like being a prisoner and you are living in constant fear wondering when the next attack will be. I never leave my house I am doped up on ativan all day and night and sleep most of the time. I never exercise I have lost allot of weight. And I am so miserable. This only started 3 months ago. As a result I have lost my job, my girlfriend and most of my friends because none of them understand what these attacks are. They have never had one so they think I am just going crazy or am weak minded. But these are true pysical things you feel. I have been to several doctors trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Most of them want to give you anti depressants. I found this new doctor I feel really good about and he did some extensive bllod work and found out that I have a hypotyroid and a stressed adrinel gland, really high levels of stress and major fatigue. So I am taking a hormone to try and correct it. As long as I take ativan I usually dont get the attacks but it is miserable to be laying around all day it is no kind of life. And I cant imagine having to live like this for a long period of time either.
  • Hello, im Alan, I've had anxiety attacks now for 9 years, im only 26 and I can't see them ever going away. There gettings worse lately, I feel I can't live like this anymore either. But I always go through bad patches like this, but this time It seems to be lasting a lot longer. I do have small doses of agoraphobia as well every now and again when walking down the street. I've tried loads of different medications over the years, I've even tried many times to come of my medication just to end up going back to square one. I've just givin in now to medication, I need it to get by. I've thought about suicide many times myself but could never see myself going through with it to be honest and I wouldn't advise you or anyone to be tempted. Anyway all the best in the future, hopefully we can be at peace with ourselves and live a fullfilling life. At least you know your not the only one out there.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hi ALL MY NAME IS CHUCKI was one of the first diag. with agoriphobia in portland,oregon when i was 18 years old im still being treated by a Doctor and medications, All i want to do is encourage anyone suffering with this that there is hope/ I have my bag of tricks that i have learned breathing relaxations tech. and medications. alot has changed when they first told me this was my problem they said it was mostly in woman. This is not true I AM 51 NOW AND AS LONG as i take my medications i can do just about everything even with the odds im up against now. I crushed my leg in 2003 and have constant pain issuse and i was layed up for about 6 month nobody noticed i was getting more and more depressed which i have never been. lucky for me i made a error in judement and tried SUICIDE 3 TIMES SENCE now with the right meds i no longer want to die. I have got to keep going i have 4 children a wife of 29 years my first attempt was very serious they found me in the woods with over a 1000 pillls i had taken. I made it through that and the real reason i can deal with the agoriphobia now days with the meds out ssri, benzo. But i am in constant pain all i want is to get out of pain. suicide is not the answer.NEVER GIVE UP FIND THE RIGHT DOCTOR FOR YOUR AGORIPHOBIA and its like a cocktail normally takes several meds but my symptoms have all but disapeard. Also you must think possitive and keep your sense of humor if i can do it anyone can. it is a live long battle and i do believe it is a chemical imbalance. It is nothing that happend to you. The only real problem i have now days is getting out of the house in the morning it takes a extra xanax generic then i am usally fine for the day. Don't give up hope keep a possitve thinking dont dwell on the stuff we can't do but think of the small things we can do. and things well get better i promise.. im going to die of old age not by my own handsall suicide thoughs are gone thanks to effexor after many other drugs.and all the possitive thinking you can do when things are rought..remember it well be better in 10 minutes or tomorrow trust me i know.. Chuck new here..
    wise49cew 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi to everyone, Im new on here today & I Pray to God that someone out there can help me. Im at the end of my rope & holding on by a thread & a Prayer! I thought about taking a overdose & just end all my suffering. I am 51 yrs old & have suffered with Agoriphobia/Panic & severe anxiety attacks since I was 15 yrs. old. I have one son who will be 35 In June & a Beautiful grandbaby named Chloe, I missed her 4 BD Party In April because my fear of leaving the house has gotton really bad..& I can't seem to get a grip on anything, my energy Is sooooo low & my sleep is rare..I have tried sooo many med's....but NOTHING has seemed to help.I have also read sooo many books on everything from panic..anxiety..lot's of self help books..the most recent was Panic Away...no help again?? Im begging any of you out there to PLEASE email or post back to me with any suggestions. I have Never been this Depressed for soo long with NO Light at the end of the tunnel at all. I live In a small town & all of the Dr. here just seem to think Im just plain Crazy or making this Living ***l up!! I wish! If any medication has helped any of you even a tiny bit PLEASE let me know...I know I won't be around much longer If I can't find some relief & fast!! I pray to GOD that I will be flooded with answer's by all of you out there with Agoriphobia & the ***l we have to be In 24/7! Im a prisner In my own home & Im so sick of being sick & NOT Living...I feel like Im just taking up space & my life Is so sad..I have no support or anyone who understand's what I have to live with 24/7! Thank's for reading my post... Please HELP Im DESPRATE & SCARED of what I might do! God Bless & Take Care!Dear Magnolia Angel, I had the same thing for eleven years and am now panic free. It is an inner ear thing ninety percent of the time that is treatable with motion sick medicine but I suggest somehow getting to an ENT so that you can be treated by a professional. Dr. Levinson changed my life and I wrote about it in a book. You don't have to get the book but do go to an ENT. I'm sure it will help. Sarah Wind My email address is windstorm_b@yahoo.com
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement