Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

can't sleep

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: darkgift
  • May 25, 2007
  • 02:59 AM

I used to be able to go to sleep around 11, but usually 12. It wouldn't take me very long to fall asleep, usually a half an hour. Now I take about 1-3 hours to fall asleep. I feel really tired around 11 pm but when I lay down my heart starts to race. Usually I can't fall asleep until around 2 but sometimes I can't sleep until 5 am. I get severe anxiety at bed time, I start to think I will never get to sleep. When I am about to fall asleep I feel like I am falling through the bed and spinning and my body then jerks, which startles me and makes my heart start racing. Sometimes I feel a burning sensation over my skin and tightness in my chest with a rapid breathing rate. When I do get to sleep I wake up in a cold sweat at around eight am. I sleep anywhere from 4-6 hours and then I feel really tired and find it easy to go back to sleep until 12 pm. I want to know some way to rid myself of this bed time anxiety or at least to make myself so tired I can't think. During the day I feel anxious on occasion with wierd vision changes and dizziness. the thoughts associated with this anxiety are about what it means to exist, but other then that I don't feel much tiredness.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement