Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

Pain during intercourse

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 24, 2007
  • 02:52 AM

I'm not sure what is going on...but since my husband came home from Iraq, it hurts when we have sex. It almost feels like he has gotten bigger or maybe my body changed. I had a child 3 years ago and one month after he was born I had my apendix emergency removed. I thought this might be the problem but it is worse now. Every time we have sex it hurts. It feels like he is pushing right through my lower stomach. The only way to keep it from hurting is if I press my hand right below my belly button. It used to be only certain positions now it is every time. It's starting to affect my marriage. I don't know what to do...I don't have any medical insurance or the money to go to a doctor. Does anyone have a suggestion other than not having sex with my sexually frustrated husband?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Unregistered Do you have any other symptoms? Is it possible he is more aggressive and going deeper, than before? This problem could be something minor from a yeast infection to something more serious. I think it warrents a visit to a GYN. I take it your husband is not on AD, since you say you have no insurance. Have you inquired with the VA, it depends what your husbands status is with the VA, but I believe you as his dependant can be seen. It may be on a sliding fee scale. I would call your county VA rep, that person, would be able to help you. The other is there are med facilities that accept sliding fee. If you google your area, sliding fee, medical care. And if all else fails, let the DR and facility know you have no insurance. Hope that helps. Cala
    Cala1234 57 Replies Flag this Response
  • Me too... I am having pain during a few positions we are using, and they are a bit rough, but holding onto my lower abdomen helps. These positions never used to be a problem, but the soreness is now lasting about 15 minutes afterward.Did you get to see a GYN? Was it any help or is it just penetration too deep?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 11, 2009
    • 02:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Try lots of oral sex for now; most guys love it. You may need surgery, unfortunately, and it doesn't sound like you need an STD screening, but it wouldn't hurt to get one at your free clinic. The doctor there may be able to point you in the right direction and help refer you to a woman's clinic.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 13, 2009
    • 00:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm not sure what is going on...but since my husband came home from Iraq, it hurts when we have sex. It almost feels like he has gotten bigger or maybe my body changed. I had a child 3 years ago and one month after he was born I had my apendix emergency removed. I thought this might be the problem but it is worse now. Every time we have sex it hurts. It feels like he is pushing right through my lower stomach. The only way to keep it from hurting is if I press my hand right below my belly button. It used to be only certain positions now it is every time. It's starting to affect my marriage. I don't know what to do...I don't have any medical insurance or the money to go to a doctor. Does anyone have a suggestion other than not having sex with my sexually frustrated husband? One of the most common primary causes of vaginal pain during intercourse is a dry vagina. Usually, when a woman is sexually aroused, fluids are secreted in the vagina that keep the lining well lubricated. But if a woman is not sexually aroused, or if fluids are not secreted for some other reason, intercourse can cause very painful damage to the vaginal lining. And in some cases, the lining of the vagina can actually tear, resulting in post-intercourse bleeding. There are two ways to avoid a dry vagina during intercourse. The first is to avoid intercourse until you are sexually aroused. The second way is to use an artificial water-based vaginal lubricant, such as K-Y jelly, Vagisil Intimate Moisturizer, or Replens Vaginal Mosturizer, as a substitute or backup for natural lubricant. Since vaginal secretion is usually an indication of a woman's sexual interest, I usually recommend that intercourse wait until she experiences sexual arousal and natural lubrication. I want couples to avoid getting into the habit of sex that's passionless for her. But if natural secretion is an unreliable indicator of your sexual arousal, I would certainly recommend an artificial lubricant. If you're not sure if a dry vagina is the cause of your pain, use an artificial lubricant once. If there is no pain under those conditions, then you have proof that it's the cause of your distress. Another common cause of vaginal discomfort during intercourse is bacterial infection. This occurs frequently in women, and an antibiotic will generally cure the problem within a week or so. A related problem is bladder infections. While the problem may be in the bladder or urethra, not in the vagina, it often causes discomfort during intercourse. female aphrodasiac
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2009
    • 11:46 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement