Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

No Diagnosis with Sleep Problems

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 23, 2007
  • 08:46 PM

I often find that without enough sleep I am unable to focus on anything past being tired. I have previously been diagnoised with an anxiety disorder, but I feel it is being treated well. I had mono almost 3 years ago now, and ever since, I have had problems with excessive sleep and still not feeling rested.

Through intense exercize, I am able to get a relief to sleep more deeply, but it can be hard to exercize two hours a day six days a week (I regularly exercize an hour a day every other day, but little difference is made).

The problem really comes down to having a lot of trouble focusing. I am unable to get quality work done unless I take a nap prior to work so I can feel fully rested and able to concentrate.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be? I am sure it's not depression as I have suffered in the past but do not suffer now, and I can only wonder if it is a sleep disorder of some sort, but no doctor has ever even suggested it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• unable to focusanxietytired/fatiguedHistory of Monosleep disorder--excessive sleep/not restful look into information on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome these are just a few symptoms of it I'm not saying this is what you have...just that it is worth a shot looking into it. Be Well...mommy cat
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
  • How old are you? Can you list your diet the best you can? Do you drink alcohol? Do you drink caffine throughout the day? Do you take a multivitamin daily? etc etc... try to list your daily habits as best you can if you don't mind.
    samssf 9 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement