Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

No Diagnosis with Sleep Problems

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 23, 2007
  • 08:46 PM

I often find that without enough sleep I am unable to focus on anything past being tired. I have previously been diagnoised with an anxiety disorder, but I feel it is being treated well. I had mono almost 3 years ago now, and ever since, I have had problems with excessive sleep and still not feeling rested.

Through intense exercize, I am able to get a relief to sleep more deeply, but it can be hard to exercize two hours a day six days a week (I regularly exercize an hour a day every other day, but little difference is made).

The problem really comes down to having a lot of trouble focusing. I am unable to get quality work done unless I take a nap prior to work so I can feel fully rested and able to concentrate.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be? I am sure it's not depression as I have suffered in the past but do not suffer now, and I can only wonder if it is a sleep disorder of some sort, but no doctor has ever even suggested it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• unable to focusanxietytired/fatiguedHistory of Monosleep disorder--excessive sleep/not restful look into information on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome these are just a few symptoms of it I'm not saying this is what you have...just that it is worth a shot looking into it. Be Well...mommy cat
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
  • How old are you? Can you list your diet the best you can? Do you drink alcohol? Do you drink caffine throughout the day? Do you take a multivitamin daily? etc etc... try to list your daily habits as best you can if you don't mind.
    samssf 9 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement