Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

Groin, pelvic and leg pain- right side only

Posted In: Leg conditions 14 Replies
  • Posted By: ouchmyleg
  • May 21, 2007
  • 02:45 AM

I have severe groin pain on the right side, which is causing severe throbbing leg pain. I'm only effected on the right hand side. This has been going on for a little over a year. I did have a vaginal ultrasound, and did have an ovarian cyst which was 4mm. A few weeks later they looked at the cyst again, and it went down to less than 1mm. Now I'm scheduled to go in every 6 months for a vaginal ultrasound.

This month I did have a tiny bit of spotting between periods.

My general doctor thought I might have a neuropothy, and referred me to a neurologist. The neurologist did not agree with the neuropathy diagnosis. She however had no answers for me.

The pain in my right leg is not constant. Some days I have no pain, while other days it's hard to handle the pain. Other days I'll be walking with virtually no pain, and suddenly my leg will give out on me causing me to fall.

Driving a car really hurts. The movement from the gas pedal to the break pedal can be pretty painful.

There are no comfortable positions when I'm in pain. It doesn't matter if I'm standing, sitting, or laying down.

It seems to be getting worse. I'm also finding that I have little 'pangs' that now are beginning to come and go in different parts of my body, such as the general pelvic area, breasts, underarms, arms, feet, and knees. This may or may not be related to the groin and leg pain

I'm 40, have normal periods, weigh 160 pounds, have had a c-section, and have a pretty normal medical history other than having had a stillborn child and a miscarriage due to blood clotting at the placenta. My blood pressure is normal, and cholestoral and blood sugar levels are normal as well.

Thoughts?
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/images/misc/progress.gif

Reply Flag this Discussion

14 Replies:

• Ouch Have they done an MRI of your lower back or even plain films, it sounds to me (maybe I am not getting the right picture though) that it could be your lower back. Since - any body below the "injured" area in the spine recieves nerve supply from a nerve root higher than that part that hurts. Does anything help like advil, heat, etc...? Cala
    Cala1234 57 Replies Flag this Response
  • Dear Cala, Thanks for your reply. I'm not feeling back pain at all. Could it still be a back issue? Strangely, I've tried asprin, acetominaphin, and ibuprofen, and don't have much success with any of them.
    ouchmyleg 7 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ouch I am not a DR so I can not say for sure, but I am pretty sure it can. Next time you go to your DR it's worth asking if this "Could all be due to a disc issue?" They say my pinky numbness is from my C-spine, but I have no pain in between. My neck gives me problems though. I also know there is a few "alternative" medical treatment people on this board (if that makes sense). Chiro, acupucture, etc... and hopefully they will see your post and make a comment. Cala
  • Ouch I was just reading through another post, which sounds sort of like your issue. http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=10627. Check out the suggestions in that one. Cala
  • Ha! I am going through the exactly symptons and sometimes in tears because of the pain getting more severe. Every sympton that you listed are exactly what I am feeling. Have they gave you any answer to as why this is happening? My age is the same as yours as well! This is strange. PLEASE e-mail me back at phylmcallister@bellsouth.net
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Cala - thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Periods seem normal.I'll keep posting updates on here, since it may help someone else such as yourself who is having similar issues.Friday I go in for a pelvic cat scan. Hopefully that will shed some light.In the meantime, I thought I'd post the lab tests they did, which all came out very normal:CREATINE KINASE CBC (COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT) WITH DIFFERENTIAL, AUTO TSH (THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE) WITH REFLEX TO FREE T4 GLUCOSE, FASTING PROTEIN ELECTROPHORESIS, SERUM VITAMIN B 12 AND FOLATE RPR (RAPID PLASMA REAGIN) WHITE BLOOD CELL DIFFERENTIAL, AUTOMATED
  • Hi all, Just thought I would update the board, incase other people are searching for what may be causing their groin pain. I just had a cat scan, and it looks like that ovarian cyst has become larger, and is most likely the reason for the pelvic pain, as well as the pain going to my leg. I go into OBGYN next week to see what we're going to do about that. But, just so you know, the cyst was the cause.
  • Hi everyone, I have been experiencing leg pain that starts just right above my right cheek, goes through my cheek, down my leg and to my calf. It has become worse over time and now is an unbearable cramp-like pain in my right cheek and down the back of my leg. It is assumed to be a herniated disc. However, I have been experiencing a whole handfull of other symptoms that don't quite jive with a disc issue. I just noticed last night that I was up and going to the bathroom every hour. No pain or burning...just had to pee. I felt like a was full of urine and ready to bust which is odd because I didn't drink very much before bed. I've been very tired(fatigued) lately. Depression and stress have always been factors in my life, but now with everything else going on, I can't help but think they are related to everything else. Dull cramping in my abdomen, even when I'm not menstruating. Nothing severe though.Weight gain of 20 lbs over a year. I'm 5'1 and should weight around 110-115. I gained from 125 to 145 and I believe I would've kept gaining if I hadn't gone to the doctor to get prescribed weight loss meds. Bloating in my tummy making me look pregnant. Anyone?
    InPaiNindiana 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • This is a reply to inpainindianait sounds as though it is possible that your symptoms are back related, back conditions are not always simple there could be a number of issues present , alignment arthritis or disk disease, just by reading the posts here you can see that back probs can cause a huge variety of symptoms. If you can get an MRI or cat scan even an xray is better than nothing , they may not show anything but at least you will have a better idea of what you are suffering from. wishing you a pain free day
  • to inpaininindianai have the same symptoms and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, so maybe you should get a referal to an endocrinologist
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 13, 2008
    • 10:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been having this SAME pain pattern for over 7 years. I had 3 MRIs & multiple xrays done to find NOTHING wrong with my back. Then I went to an GYN & found that I had cysts on my right ovary that was causing pressure on my nerves. The cysts were precancerous also. Go to a GYN & get an ultrasound!
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I also had exactly the same problem. A persistent pain on my Right side. Tingling in my leg. It would come and go. My periods were normal. No doctor could diagnose the problem. After a small stumble it got much much worse and stayed that way for approximately 3 years. It was so bad that I walked with a pronounced limp. Every Doctor told me to lose weight eventhough I don't have a weight problem. In September of this year a distinct lump was visible in my pelvis area. After pressing down on the lump with a lot of force; the source of the problem appeared. It was a stillborn (unborn fetus) that was about the size of a golf ball. It was very dense. The relief was immediate and seems to be complete. Be careful with the the doctors that dismiss this condition as being a cyst or arthritis or anything else. There is a real, there is a tangible cause for the pain; keep seeking a resolve.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 16, 2009
    • 11:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have severe groin pain on the right side, which is causing severe throbbing leg pain. I'm only effected on the right hand side. This has been going on for a little over a year. I did have a vaginal ultrasound, and did have an ovarian cyst which was 4mm. A few weeks later they looked at the cyst again, and it went down to less than 1mm. Now I'm scheduled to go in every 6 months for a vaginal ultrasound.This month I did have a tiny bit of spotting between periods.My general doctor thought I might have a neuropothy, and referred me to a neurologist. The neurologist did not agree with the neuropathy diagnosis. She however had no answers for me.The pain in my right leg is not constant. Some days I have no pain, while other days it's hard to handle the pain. Other days I'll be walking with virtually no pain, and suddenly my leg will give out on me causing me to fall.Driving a car really hurts. The movement from the gas pedal to the break pedal can be pretty painful.There are no comfortable positions when I'm in pain. It doesn't matter if I'm standing, sitting, or laying down.It seems to be getting worse. I'm also finding that I have little 'pangs' that now are beginning to come and go in different parts of my body, such as the general pelvic area, breasts, underarms, arms, feet, and knees. This may or may not be related to the groin and leg painI'm 40, have normal periods, weigh 160 pounds, have had a c-section, and have a pretty normal medical history other than having had a stillborn child and a miscarriage due to blood clotting at the placenta. My blood pressure is normal, and cholestoral and blood sugar levels are normal as well.Thoughts? http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/images/misc/progress.gif Hi i have the exact same thing. do you drive in the car much? I think mine is from driving too much. hope we both get better soon!
  • Hi all, Just thought I would update the board, incase other people are searching for what may be causing their groin pain. I just had a cat scan, and it looks like that ovarian cyst has become larger, and is most likely the reason for the pelvic pain, as well as the pain going to my leg. I go into OBGYN next week to see what we're going to do about that. But, just so you know, the cyst was the cause.i think ive got the same thing very bad pelvic pain with pain running down my left leg sooo much pain they did a cat scan i have a 5.4cm cyst on left side same side as pain going down my leg PLEASES HELP
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement