Discussions By Condition: Pregnancy

dont think im pregnant, but felt kicking

Posted In: Pregnancy 28 Replies
  • Posted By: jaimemonbebe
  • May 18, 2007
  • 06:22 PM

hey, i already have a 2 and a half year old daughter, so i know what a baby kicking feels like. and some people are saying this is just gas, but ive never felt gas this strong ever. ever since after i had my daughter, ive felt little bubbles of gas that i figured i could feel more because things inside got stretched out. so thats happened for ove 2 years, but the last few months, (while on birth control pills) ive felt really tired and had head aches, probably for the last 5 or 6 months. i figured i had an iron deficiancy from my last pregnancy because i was bad about taking my iron after having my daughter, so i started to take it and i think it worked a little but not a lot, and im still very tired. i feel very bloated to, like i just want to stand there and let my belly stick out, lile it doesnt want to be held in. yesterday i was sitting here and all of a sudden i felt that bubbly feeling but instead of under my belly it was higher, above my belly button and very hard. it totally freaked me out, i put my hand there and could literally feel it. i lifted my shirt and kinda saw it move, kinda like a twitch, but only in one spot. and it continued for a little bit. it felt soooo much like when i was pregnant before, but ive had my periods and been on bc. though you hear all the time about it not being completely effective and so on. so i looked online and found this site, and in a gas forum i found tons of women with the same thing, and some said it could be some colitis deasese, which i looked up and didnt have any of the other symptoms, like bloody stool and worms. and im just worried now. could i be pregnant? and if i was, id have to be like 6 months, and i didnt show much when i was thin in my first pregnancy, now having a belly already, i doubt id show this time. and if i am 6 mos pregnant, would a test even detect the proper hormones to say i am pregnant? and would my bc mess it up?
sorry this ones so long! but yeah, kinda confused, i think i will wait it out a little. see if it keeps happening.
i think im more afraid of what it is if im not pregnant.
not really ready for another child right now, but if one came, id take him/her with all the love i can offer and make it work, and id really rather have another child than a disease or something wrong with my body inside.
i have joked with my bf about us having anotehr baby a few times, because i do want more in the future, we just think we should wait a bit, but now that i got scared yesterday that i was, i was like wow im not joking around anymore, i was so scared and felt so emotionally unprepared for another child.
dont get me wrong, i would make it work if i got pregnant with triplet, but im just saying.
ok sorry i tend to ramble.
thanks for looking and i hope someone has some advice.
oh and i dont have health insurance, my daughter now does, but i dont, would a free clinic like planned parenthood be able to do an ultrasound? do they have that kind of stuff there? or just a pee test? cuz again, im not sure if that would come up right.
thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

28 Replies:

• Get yourself to a free clinic IMMEDIATELY. You must rule out pregnancy - with birth control this is a scary combo. Please rule this out first, and then address the other possibilities like GI disorders.DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • ok you are freaking me out, whats a GI disorder? and i cant really get there immediatly. the only clinic near by is a planned parenthood, which only deals with sex things, like pregnancies, abortions and sexually transmitted diseases. i dont have a car either, and my bf works a lot. im going to try to get medi-cal insurance soon. please dont be freaking me out like this, i get scared easily.sorry i know you are trying to help.
    jaimemonbebe 12 Replies Flag this Response
  • also, should i stop the bc pills if they might be effecting this? can they make things worse? should i stop taking them until i know whats going on?please reply soon because im supposed to take my pill in like 7 minutes. but i will wait to see what you say.they are the lowest hormone ones too, because regular bc pills make me sick, so does that help that they are low?
  • sorry to post so much, but im scared. if its not pregnancy, what can it be? you didnt really write much, just to get help. but do u have any idea what it can be? are you a doctor?and why is it a scary combo with bc?
  • Well, sorry to scare you, but you really need to rule this out. Get yourself a home pregnancy test and see what it says - if you are pregnant it should show positive (they aren't 100% accurate, but there are rarely any FALSE positives). Planned parenthood is a great resource. Taking birth control while pregnant is very bad, so please just do this. A home pregnancy test should still be able to show the pregnancy hormone. GI disorder just stands for Gastro Intestinal disorders - any digestive disorder. You could have some gastritis or hernial problem - I don't know. Do you have any nausea? Any bloating after you eat? Any upper or lower abdominal pain? Any problems with constipation or diarrhea or loose stools? And lastly - do you get your periods while on the birth control? Have you had regular periods lately?DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • Well, sorry to scare you, but you really need to rule this out. Get yourself a home pregnancy test and see what it says - if you are pregnant it should show positive (they aren't 100% accurate, but there are rarely any FALSE positives). Planned parenthood is a great resource. Taking birth control while pregnant is very bad, so please just do this. A home pregnancy test should still be able to show the pregnancy hormone. GI disorder just stands for Gastro Intestinal disorders - any digestive disorder. You could have some gastritis or hernial problem - I don't know. Do you have any nausea? Any bloating after you eat? Any upper or lower abdominal pain? Any problems with constipation or diarrhea or loose stools? And lastly - do you get your periods while on the birth control? Have you had regular periods lately?DOM thank you, you made me feel better now. is any of the possibilities life threatening? again, just so i know, are you a doctor? how do you know all of this?and to answer your questions, i have regular periods they always come at the same time and lasts the same amount of time, 4 dys about.i have some nausea when i dont eat enough, which is how it was when i had morning sickness in my pregnancy, if i didnt eat enough soon enough, and then i did, i would throw it up, its kinda like that now, but not as bad and no vomitting. so i only have it nausea when im really hungry. i dont get bloated after i eat. i dont really have abdominal pain, only when i have gas and its kinda like my gas is constipated. and yes i have constipation, hardly ever any diareaha, mayb like every 3 months, if i eatsomething my body didnt agree with. hardly ever. but constipation is almost regular. not severe constipation where its painful, but i cant really just go sit and wait for it to come, so i just dont go to the bathroom until i know its coming. and i can kinda feel like i have to go poo for a while and have a bit of discomfort while i wait but i figure thats normal. but its not all the time, most of the time, but not all of the time. i figured its just my diet, when i eat more fiber, it makes me softer a few days later after eating it consistantly.never any blood or worms or anything like that. never loose.the only other things i can say are wrong with me are head aches(though i think those were caused by a wisdom tooth coming in) and tiredness, which i figured was from the lack of iron.so thanks again for helping meim a paranoid freak.
  • i also forgot to mention a couple things, even after i eat, i seem hungry like 30 or 45 minutes after. im always like ah! i just ate. i dont eat a lot at a time, so maybe thats it? but even if i do sometimes, its the same, about an hour later im hungry again. and another thing, about gas, when i feel like i need to pass some gas, sometimes i cant get it out, and thats pretty much the only pain i ever have, and i wouldnt really call it pain, more like discomfort because it wont come out, and if i try to force it, i cant, it will hurt if i try to hard. so i have to lay a certain way or just wait for that. so far today i havent felt that "kicking" feeling yet, ive only had gas, normal gas, no bubbly feelings in my tummy or anything, but ive been gassy my whole life, my mom is too and so is my daughter. ive only just had trouble getting out my gas after i had my daughter, and maybe more lately it seems. or maybe im just noticing it more cuz im paranoid. what are you thinking is going on? are you worried i could be pregnant and hurting the baby? or are you thinking its something bad that could hurt me?also, should i continue my pills?
  • Hi I dont know whats going on with your body ,but it is an interesting thing thats happing to you and I would like to know whats the cause of it. Well Im sure you will filnd out after 9 months I also know its hard not knowing now. But I wrote because I would like for u to ,if its not confedintial, to explain what is going on with u after u find out. God Bless.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Why don't you get a HPT first and see if it gives you a positive, rule that out first and then you can look for a good doc and see what is wrong, you could be preg and if that is the case you need to see a good OB right away...so please just go get a test.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 10, 2007
    • 05:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • what a strange thing! I looked up in google "felt baby kick but not pregnant" and this is the site I came to. I have almost exactly the same things going on as the poster. On low dose bc and short light periods... nausea if I don't eat and feeling hungry shortly after I do. I have three kids already. I was laying on my side last night and feeling some discomfort and so I pushed in on my abdomen to feel around and felt a really hard kick! It actually shocked me! I rolled over and was thinking what in the world was that?! OMG it was freaky. I've never had that feeling before unless I was pregnant. And this was definitely not the fluttering!I think I'll keep looking. I'm 99% positive I am NOT pregnant.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 22, 2007
    • 03:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i am feeling the same thing and wondered, did you find out yet if you are pregnant or not?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 28, 2007
    • 00:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i am feeling the same thing, could you post as to whether you found out you are pregnant or not? i have also been crying a lot (really emotional), had pimples around my eyebrows and mouth the last couple of weeks, and getting leukorrhea, but i'm on low dose bc and had the usual withdrawal bleed a month ago so hoping i'm not pregnant.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 28, 2007
    • 00:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I dont think im pregnant either but i ***n sure get the same feelings, i was at work the other day and it was like a 6 month old fetus kicking me! It freaks me out 2 but i have a 1 yr old already so i kno what the feeling is like. I've been 2 a gastroentrology clinic and they found nothing wrong! But its crazy and yes it does scare you, bcuz it gives u a mind thing that your pregnant but than u think and its like no im not its impossible! but you can write me back at msjasmine508@cox.net if you find a solution to your problem and i will know where to find you if i get mine first!Good Luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 28, 2007
    • 01:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Alright.... First of to the first poster - if you are getting regular periods you are not pregnant! Secondly, I think you may have a gastric problem. You need to get this checked out. It is not life threatening however can cause a lot of further discomfort and can become a more serious problem if it does not get treated. Based on what you say, you do not eat a lot; I'm not sure what a lot means to each person, but if you are not eating regularly and have a lot of sodium in your diet, this discomfort will occur. Bloating is present usually with a lot of sodium intake and not enough water to balance it out. Therefore if your diet is all over the place this is the reason you are having all these symptoms; you should also check for bladder infections as these will also cause your symptoms. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2008
    • 08:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am having the same kicking feeling, seeing my belly move. My last period came 5 days early, and was reeeally light at the beginning... but returned to normal at the end.... and I'm not on b.c, there IS def a chance I could be pregnant, but as of this week a p.t is outta my budget.... I also take Zantrax 3 to loose weight- I'm 5,71/2, 145 and 24yrs. I lost 5 lbs this week, and def gained muscle, which should weigh in more--- but for some reason I'm losing weight, and the weirdest thing is my tum is poking out- like it's hard to hold in more than usual--- normally it's all flat, and as of a few weeks ago it actually caved in underneath my ribs.... it's bazaar. I don't know. Please tell me if you were prego.
  • Zil -- why are you not taking birth control? If a pregnancy test isn't in the budget, what do you think a baby is going to cost? Buy some condoms - they are cheap and a worthwhile investment if you don't want to have a baby nor a STD. And taking Zantrax while possibly pregnant is the WORSE possible thing you can do. Find the money to buy a pregnancy test.To the original poster -- I am going to second Dee916 (who has great common sense!) - if you have been having your periods YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT. Although birth control is not 100% (only death and taxes are!) effective, if you get your period, that is a positive sign of non-pregnancy.You sound like you have severe gas and some GI issues. The other poster is right - your diet isn't very good. Add fluid, and fiber to your diet. You can also take OTC anti-gas medicine which should help. Gas isn't necessarily confined to below the belly button - what do you think is in the area between your breasts and the pelvis -- you have 6 feet of intestines that can have all sorts of gas traveling through. And since it has been going on for a while - get to a doctor to get checked out.
  • Zil -- why are you not taking birth control? If a pregnancy test isn't in the budget, what do you think a baby is going to cost? Buy some condoms - they are cheap and a worthwhile investment if you don't want to have a baby nor a STD. And taking Zantrax while possibly pregnant is the WORSE possible thing you can do. Find the money to buy a pregnancy test. To the original poster -- I am going to second Dee916 (who has great common sense!) - if you have been having your periods YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT. Although birth control is not 100% (only death and taxes are!) effective, if you get your period, that is a positive sign of non-pregnancy. You sound like you have severe gas and some GI issues. The other poster is right - your diet isn't very good. Add fluid, and fiber to your diet. You can also take OTC anti-gas medicine which should help. Gas isn't necessarily confined to below the belly button - what do you think is in the area between your breasts and the pelvis -- you have 6 feet of intestines that can have all sorts of gas traveling through. And since it has been going on for a while - get to a doctor to get checked out. Amanda, Actually it is possible to bleed at period times when pregnant & if u didnt know u where pregnant u would think that these where periods. I was 13wks pregnant before i knew & the only reason i found out was because i had one sore breast, went to the doctors & found out, i missed no periods & continued to have bleeding at period times untill i was 7mths pregnant. I had 3 pregnancy after this all the same but sadly i lost them.......so it is possible, they wouldn't be true periods, but as i said before if u didn't know u where pregnant u would call them periods ! Also the question u asked zil regarding costs of baby.....u just come across rude, some young people come here for help not judgement & yes taking medication during pregnancy is not good but they can be told in a kinder way !:rolleyes:.....................................................................................................Hi zil, if u could do a test first just to rule it out, but really the chances are that ur not pregnant but there is only one way to really know. Best wishes & let us know how u get on or need any advice !:)
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • o my, ive just typed in in google kickin but not preg and came to this,,, in a way im glad its came up other ppl r gettin it too, dont mean to b rude.,. my belly keeps kickin and u can c somethin stickin out wen it does and if u press gently on it, it jumps to somewhere else, mainly in my ribs like my daughter use too, shes 19months now! but i have had periods, ive got the implant in my arm and iv taken preg tests!!! plz help
    ssarah 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'd go get yourself checked out
  • h everyone, been to thedoctors and they doe loads of blood test and everything came bk fine apart from my iron levels so now takin iron tablets, he said that it could be over acted bowls!!! havent a clue thou!:confused:
    ssarah 3 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement