Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

PID question...

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: tess37
  • May 13, 2007
  • 01:47 AM

I was diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease a week ago. I started antibiotics and felt better after about 3 days. I was spotting, but the pain had gone away, I was actually pain free for 2 days, and now it's been a week, the pain is back, I'm bleeding heavily and I'm sure I haven't missed any of my antibiotics......any one have any idea why the heck I'm still hurting and bleeding so dang much??? It's not my period because I'm in the middle of my cycle, not due for another 2 weeks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Hi there, do you know how long you've had pid? I had it for a long time, but wasnt diagnosed until it was too late, & have had a full hystorectomy due to it. You need to go back to your GP & let them know your still suffering, dont just let it go on. RegardsMama d
    mama d 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have not been diagnosed with PID, but I was diagnose with Chlamidia 2yrs ago which causes PID, but I always have regular paps and no one has said anything to me about having it. How where you diagnosed with PID, by a pap smear or what? I am worried because I am 20 and I can't seem to get pregnant and i'm wondering could I have had it and no one told me about it.Please help.....ashley_06madison@yahoo.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2007
    • 10:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Some times you need to stay on antibiotics for a month with a PID.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 30, 2007
    • 05:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If they are sure you have PID, then it could also be that you need a change of antibiotics. Sometimes a combination of two helps as well. Hope this helps. Kiera
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 30, 2007
    • 02:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have not been diagnosed with PID, but I was diagnose with Chlamidia 2yrs ago which causes PID, but I always have regular paps and no one has said anything to me about having it. How where you diagnosed with PID, by a pap smear or what? I am worried because I am 20 and I can't seem to get pregnant and i'm wondering could I have had it and no one told me about it. Please help.....ashley_06madison@yahoo.com Hi Ashley,They usually do a check for std's when you get your annual well woman exam. If you are in a lot of pain and have tested negative, then sometimes they will do a needle aspiration (I think), but that is so rare. I think they can also check with urine..if you seemed to have healed up just fine, then you are probably okay...do be in such a rush to have kids...you can wait ten years and become more mature and stable.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 31, 2007
    • 05:55 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement