Discussions By Condition: Lymphoma

Comples lesion on Spleen

Posted In: Lymphoma 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 9, 2007
  • 05:23 PM

Ack, where to start. I have a *cyst* on my spleen. Measuring 6.5 cm x 5.5 cm.( was found incidently BTW, 2 years ago!) At the time I was told to have a follow up CT in a year or so. Took me 2 years to get that CT. *cyst* hasnt changed. Told to see a surgeon. I tell him Im convinced I have Lymphoma. He laughs at me.Tell me I need spleen out ASAP that its a time bomb waiting to go off. Im going for a 2nd opp. in a week. Im hoping to be able to have the surgery laproscopickly.( actually im hoping to have NO sugery but i doubt that will happen) I have weird skin rashes that come and go. Itching bad at times. Also in the past few months I have had swollen glands in my neck. I of course didnt think anything of it. Like the skin itching it comes and goes. I now have a painful node in my neck. From what i have read it is a odd thing to have a *cyst* on your spleen. ALso on the report from 2 years ago something came up. WHen i googled it it said could be lymphoma. I'll have to dig it out and I can let anyone know what it was. Im thinking though, how could I have lymphoma for 2+ years and not klnow it. KWIM? Ok just venting. ANy input would be great.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Spleen girl-sounds like you have Hodgkins, like i had, mines was stage 3B my spleen was infected but did have too be removed.I had severe skin rashes between my thighs and in between my fingers,then came the night sweats,went from 170lbs to 140lbs, was misdiagnosed for a year, because it was in my abdomen, did 6 mos of chemo feeling better now, get a second opinion-peace Vinnie
    vinnie 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • i have 3 cm cyst on spleen dr. said no problem.what has bothered me most is the bruise under left breast area dr said ring worm first the said have acid reflux because stomach painthe bruise get lighter and darker just depends.he said non cancer but also said had deep dermatitas gave me ceam steroids the causes bad case acne on the bruise area so i stopednot sure any one had any thing close to thispain in left side sometimmes also
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 2, 2008
    • 04:31 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The oncologists now days don't like to remove the spleen even if it is infilitrated with lymphoma. Reason being, it is very receptive to the chemos. My spleen was inflitrated in 98 with NHL and they left it in. Thank God, and I am fine today.
    cookiepieces 9 Replies Flag this Response
  • I just recently received the news that I have a 4cm leison on my spleen. I'm scared and do NOT know what to expect. I already had an ultrasound and a CT scan. Now I have to have an MRI with contrast. The next step is a biopsy.I've never heard of this before and am trying to research as much info on what this all means.Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2008
    • 06:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow.... i actually found out about my lesion on my spleen on 11/11/08..... as of now, i really do not have any info.... i do know that i am scared and i go for a MRI tomorrow morning due to the abnormal cat scan.... have you found any info on the matter? i have been looking, but not to successful..... if you have any info, i would appreciate if you can share it...... my email is dalila104@yahoo.com if i find anything, i will be sure to post it..... hope to hear from you...... if not, good luck and i hope everything works out well for you.....Dalila
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 15, 2008
    • 02:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow.... i actually found out about my lesion on my spleen on 11/11/08..... as of now, i really do not have any info.... i do know that i am scared and i go for a MRI tomorrow morning due to the abnormal cat scan.... have you found any info on the matter? i have been looking, but not to successful..... if you have any info, i would appreciate if you can share it...... my email is dalila104@yahoo.com if i find anything, i will be sure to post it..... hope to hear from you...... if not, good luck and i hope everything works out well for you.....Dalila I found out that I had a tumor in my spleen in 4/12/07 that was supposed to be benign.Well, it's 11/11/09 and now I have a tumor in my heart.Now, the Doctors are wondering whether the tumor in the speen is cancerous, and have spread to the heart.If it is lymphoma, a tumor in the heart would be consistent with this diagnosis. unfortunately, the only way to find out is a biopsy,this is as dangerous as a spleen removal, because of the severe bleeding. Ask wether there are more definitive test.
    health guy 2 Replies
    • November 24, 2009
    • 00:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • In 1995 the dr found a 4.5 cm cyst in spleen, not told to follow up. Well now it is 12 cm and I have been told I have Fibro and cfs. In 2007 the dr removed a 4 cm tumour from my thyroid due to hurthle cell. Was told that it was benign and that I don't need thyroid meds because I still have half. Been having pain daily since.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement