Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Changing diagnosis

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 5, 2007
  • 02:23 PM

About a month ago, I experienced some deep chest pains, palpitations, and increased blood pressure. I hand my ECG and the result said that i had an arrhytmia. I went to another doctor, and asked me to get a ion test, T3, T4, and TSH tests. I had a slightly elevated amount of T4, and a slightly decreased calcium in my blood, according to the tests. With these results, the doctor diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and gave me Propylthiouracil for a month as my medicine. Just this week, I had another T3, T4, and TSH test, and also a thyroid ultrasound. The ultrasound showed that my right thyroid is enlarged, and diffuse, but the left is normal. In the blood test, all the T3, T4 and TSH were all within the normal values. The doctor said that i was no longer a hyperthyroid, and gave me thyroxine as my current medication. However, even when i ingest this drug, i still feel palpitaions, high blood pressure, and now i feel some cold sweats and headaches. Is my condition worsening? And is it true that I am not a hyperthyroid even if I feel these palpitations and hypertension?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement