Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Left thumb neuropathy

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 30, 2007
  • 08:45 PM

I'm a 22 year old male that was diagnosed in 1998 with two benign tumors in my spinal cord, C2-C3 area.

I've had a laundry list of minor symptoms since then; however two years ago, after the Fourth of July I noticed that my left thumb was bothering me. It got progressively worse, until it was constant and had me consuming narcotics perpetually for the pain.

In the fall of 2005 I saw a Chiropractor and did a few Neck traction treatments, which seemed to help, and at least got me out of the constant pain from my left thumb. After those treatments I would only have maybe two flare-ups a day. One flare-up when I first wake-up in the mornings and one when it's night-time.

Since then, I've seen a Pain Management doctor to get rid of the two-a-day flares; Facet Injections, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Vioxx, and several other medicines, but to no avail, they do not help. Also, it seems to be going into relapse, I'm starting to feel the pain manifest itself into my left first finger.

My most recent visit, the Dr. put me on Elavil, and this time I'm really trying hard to make this work. Hoping and praying the Elavil will in time workout for my Neuropathy for my thumb and first finger. Any Suggestions? Questions? Comments?

Thanks so much for your attention and I hope for the best for everyone here on this message board, as I know how rotten life can be in pain, or sickness. Hang in there, and in the end we'll all help each other.

Love,
Pierce

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement