Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Peripherial Neuropathy HELP

Posted In: Medical Stories 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Marjorie
  • April 28, 2007
  • 05:05 PM

Please help,

I experience tingling in my arm, fingers, and toes. Sometimes I am also experiencing numbness. It doesn't last all day, but it is worst at night time. I went to a neurologist and was told to ake a motrin if it helps and come back in a month. He gave me a nerve ending tests and didn't find anything. I also had a MRI and found a slight bulging disc, but the dr. said they will watch it. How do I know if I have Vitamin B12 defiency. Oh yes, my other blood work came back normal. I thought I had diabetes, but that test was normal. I don't know what is causing the tingling or needle sensation feeling.

Marj:eek:

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• I am still feeling the tingling in toes and fingers. I was wondering if anyone else has the same feelings
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ask your doctor for a nerve test, they can tell exactly where the damage is done and also have a 24-hr. urine test for heavy metal damage, you can recieve this anywhere, shell fish is definitely included in heavy metal peripherial nerve damage, my dr. diagonised all od this about 8 yrs. ago thru these test, if your dr. will not do this then get a new one. Also, TOPAMAX wil take care of alot of these symptons. Hope this helps.
  • Hi! I have nearly the same thing going on. I started experiencing pins and needles sensations in my hands and feet at the end of June. It was off and on throughout the day and night. I went to the doc. who told me it was probably MS. I was TERRIFIED (and still am to some degree). A neurologist calmed me down, saying there were many other things to consider. An MRI showed bulging discs in my neck. The neurologist didn't think that was the cause of the tingling, however. He put me on naprosin (sp?) twice a day which really helps and told me to come back in a couple months if it's not gone. I don't know what to think...? All my bloodwork came back normal. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks, Jen
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2007
    • 02:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Please help, I experience tingling in my arm, fingers, and toes. Sometimes I am also experiencing numbness. It doesn't last all day, but it is worst at night time. I went to a neurologist and was told to ake a motrin if it helps and come back in a month. He gave me a nerve ending tests and didn't find anything. I also had a MRI and found a slight bulging disc, but the dr. said they will watch it. How do I know if I have Vitamin B12 defiency. Oh yes, my other blood work came back normal. I thought I had diabetes, but that test was normal. I don't know what is causing the tingling or needle sensation feeling. Marj:eek: Your doctor should be able to include a test for B12 levels as part of your bloodwork. Also look into Vitamin B6 and folate. You might want to ask your doctor about a B complex vitamin. Also, What is a nerve ending test? Is that an EEG?Best wishes
    jojom0405 15 Replies
    • September 9, 2007
    • 01:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Please help, I experience tingling in my arm, fingers, and toes. Sometimes I am also experiencing numbness. It doesn't last all day, but it is worst at night time. I went to a neurologist and was told to ake a motrin if it helps and come back in a month. He gave me a nerve ending tests and didn't find anything. I also had a MRI and found a slight bulging disc, but the dr. said they will watch it. How do I know if I have Vitamin B12 defiency. Oh yes, my other blood work came back normal. I thought I had diabetes, but that test was normal. I don't know what is causing the tingling or needle sensation feeling. Marj:eek: I forgot to ask if you experience any pain associated with the tingling? I have the tingling but also pain. Still have not found a cause for my symptoms. I keep being told it's anxiety. I am trying to get a referral to an endocronologist to see if it could be thyroid or parathyroid related. Also, do you experience the tingling in both arms, hands, and feet or more so on one side of your body than the other? Mine is mostly on my right side and I also have muscle twitching. Very annoying! Best wishes,Jo
    jojom0405 15 Replies
    • September 9, 2007
    • 01:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My tingling started on 2 fingers, and within a week spread to both hands. X-rays did not show any problems. Next day both feet joined in. The following day had blood test which came back good. Spread up legs and arms. Yesterday and today entire body is involved, with painful spots/areas, burning,tingling, and slight numbness. Oh, my memory has declined over the past 3 or 4 weeks. Also, my balance/cordnation, and gate are off, without being dizzy. Doc is setting up a MRI. Sure hope this rapid progression slows down. What is next?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 15, 2007
    • 01:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am still feeling the tingling in toes and fingers. I was wondering if anyone else has the same feelingsyes, i have been experiencing the same thing. i am just now looking into it. it is kind of scary looking on the internet at all the possible things it could be.
  • Please help, I experience tingling in my arm, fingers, and toes. Sometimes I am also experiencing numbness. It doesn't last all day, but it is worst at night time. I went to a neurologist and was told to ake a motrin if it helps and come back in a month. He gave me a nerve ending tests and didn't find anything. I also had a MRI and found a slight bulging disc, but the dr. said they will watch it. How do I know if I have Vitamin B12 defiency. Oh yes, my other blood work came back normal. I thought I had diabetes, but that test was normal. I don't know what is causing the tingling or needle sensation feeling. Marj:eek: Hi marjorie, The only way to know if b12 will help for you neuropathy is to try it. All the lab test can't tell you that. And then, b12 will work only if you have the right kind of the right brand taken correctly, and often with the also needed cofactors. Come on over to the b12 forum and we can help you find out all those things. Minor neuropathies can often be better in a month if treated properly. If it is b12 related and you don't treat it,it will get worse and worse until it may be permanent. http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?p=188948&posted=1#post188948
    Freddd 3,576 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement