Discussions By Condition: Foot conditions

Outside of the foot pain!?!

Posted In: Foot conditions 14 Replies
  • Posted By: iamjustme
  • April 21, 2007
  • 01:34 AM

The outside of my foot (all along the outside starting at the end of my little toe and ending right before my ankle) has been really hurting whenever I walk or run or jump or anything. It just started to bruise right below my little toe and is just a little swollen. It has been hurting like this for about a month now and gets better sometimes but then gets worse again. Is this anything to be concerned about? Should I go see a doctor? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

14 Replies:

• have you injured yourself at all recently?Do you think that you are bearing your weight on the outside of your foot more?If you dont get better i think atrip to the doctor or a podiatrist might be wise.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I can't remember injuring myself but I don't know, I might have done something. And I don't know about bearing my weight on the outside of my foot because I have to wear shoe inserts that kind of prevent that for all of my ankle problems.:) Thanks for your help!
    iamjustme 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • Katie,If you have not seen a doctor about this condition I would recommend it. It sound like you might have a stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal.
    thechronic 12 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ever since my son(13 years old) started playing soccer (a month ago) he has been complaining of the same kind of pain you are describing. I thought it was just growing pains( he wears size 11 shoes). But I'm starting to worry . What happened to your feet?
    betulia 3 Replies
    • September 7, 2007
    • 01:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i went to the doctor and he said that it was because i was doing too much. i was playing on two soccer teams at the team and had 4 practices a week and tournaments on the weekends so it wasnt at the point of a stress fracture yet but it was getting close. so i just took a little break and let it rest. i would recommend having it checked out though because it could be a stress fracture...a jones fracture is a stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal and should be rested as it can lead to much worse things. so getting it checked out would probably a good idea though just to be on the safe side and make sure if they say it is nothing and the pain persists that you go back because if it is a stress fracture it may not be detected on the first set of x-rays but later when it starts healing drs can see it on the x-rays. good luck! and i hope that i was of some help!:)
    iamjustme 6 Replies
    • September 12, 2007
    • 01:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I took my 13 year old to the foot doctor. And he said my son has flat feet. He didn't before, although his shoe size did grow from a 9 to a 11 1/2 over the summer. So it's like he's has these brand new feet , plus he is bearing weigh on the outside of the feet. So now he will be getting custom made insoles for all his shoes. And he cannot wear flip flops or walk bear footed, not even in the house. He told him to ice his feet after soccer practice and to take motrin for pain. And he will be getting x-rays this week also. So far the temporary insoles I got him have helped . His feet are still sore but the pain on the outside of his feet is not bad anymore. Thanks for your reply. I hope your feet feel better.:o
    betulia 3 Replies
    • September 12, 2007
    • 01:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been having similar pain although mine radiates from the outside bottom edge (base of little toe to front of ankle) into the ball on the bottom of my foot and also across the outer top of my foot. The outer edge seems to be the base of pain though. I can rest it for two or three days and then when I start walking and being on my feet more, it becomes very painful again so I don't know if it's the same thing you described or not. You mentioned an insole so I was wondering if this is a special kind that supports the outside of the foot? Where do you get them and what are they called?
    mabeebabee99 5 Replies Flag this Response
  • actually i dont know what type of insole it is. I got it when i went to physical therapy for my ankle and they said it would help support my ankles and help me walk correctly (i have flat feet). so i dont really know what brand they are or anything. i would maybe just ask a doctor for a good brand. sorry i couldnt be of more help.
    iamjustme 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • actually i dont know what type of insole it is. I got it when i went to physical therapy for my ankle and they said it would help support my ankles and help me walk correctly (i have flat feet). so i dont really know what brand they are or anything. i would maybe just ask a doctor for a good brand. sorry i couldnt be of more help.My husband has had the same pain in his foot for several months. The doctor took exrays and says nothings wrong, he has gone to a foot doc same answer,he has tried therapy,excercise ice what next
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi. I've recently started to train for my first endurance event. Once I got past the pains in my calf I noticed this sharp radiating pain on the outer side of my right foot. It felt almost like when I walked I was stepping on a metal rode shooting pain half way up my leg. I thought at first I was losing my mind and everyone kept saying it was me not wanting to run (so not the case). Finally after pulling out my Anatomy and Physiology books I think I have found the source.. PERONEUS BREVIS TENDON... Go ahead an google it. I found articles on runningmania,etc.. Treatment is ice, elevation, pressure wrapping, and anti-inflammatory.. Surgery if you did real damage..I hope this was helpful!! It doesn't seem to be a common injury but its nice to know I'm not alone.. Aloha!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 20, 2010
    • 11:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My husband has had the same pain in his foot for several months. The doctor took exrays and says nothings wrong, he has gone to a foot doc same answer,he has tried therapy,excercise ice what nextI will suggest you to visit Keyes For Toes website. Keyes For Toes is owned by Larry Keyes. Larry Keyes, DPM, is a board-certified podiatrist who specializes in the cosmetic and functional correction of long toes, hammertoes and corns. Dr. Keyes is an expert on the procedure he perfected over more than two decades, and he has helped thousands of women have more esthetically pleasing toes and feel good about wearing sandals.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 21, 2010
    • 11:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I will suggest you to visit Keyes For Toes website. Keyes For Toes is owned by Larry Keyes. Larry Keyes, DPM, is a board-certified podiatrist who specializes in the cosmetic and functional correction of long toes, hammertoes and corns. Dr. Keyes is an expert on the procedure he perfected over more than two decades, and he has helped thousands of women have more esthetically pleasing toes and feel good about wearing sandals.Kindly visit http://www.keyesfortoes.com. I am sure that you will be benefited with the services of Larry Keyes :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 22, 2010
    • 09:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm not as active as any of you but im having severe pain on the outside of my left foot from right before my pinky to the just above my heel, its been happening for a little over 2 weeks now i rest it and its fine but than it starts hurting, if i got up right now it may not hurt but when it does hurt it hurts bad. It hurts to walk or stand i find my self limping now, the pain is very hard to describe but its almost like a painful tingle and somtimes when i lift it to release the pressure it feels like i can feel something being streched out. And when I'm not walking on it my toes feel a little weird like partially numb. No matter what shoe i wear it still hurts..whats wrong..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 11, 2011
    • 05:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ìîæíî ëè òóò ðàçìåùàòü ññûëêè íà ñàéòû ñ ïîäáîðêàìè ñîôòà? íå çàïðåùåííî ëè ýòî ïðàâèëàìè?
    owesslotnef 45 Replies
    • August 21, 2011
    • 05:03 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement